Is it me or is Choo crazy? (Update: Choo to Rangers)

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: Shin-Soo Choo turned down a seven-year, $140M contract from the Yankees, even after Jacoby Ellsbury signed. <a href="http://t.co/LDVEw326wT">http://t.co/LDVEw326wT</a></p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">December 18, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's a nice player and all but how do you turn that down?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="display: block; max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px; position: static; visibility: visible;" title="Embedded Tweet" width="500" height="370"></iframe>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe, but, with Boras as the agent, you never ever know.

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sources: Shin-Soo Choo turned down a seven-year, $140M contract from the Yankees, even after Jacoby Ellsbury signed. <a href="http://t.co/LDVEw326wT">http://t.co/LDVEw326wT</a></p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="
">December 18, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Your agent is Scott Boras. Still I have a hard time thinking he'll get more than that from TEX or Seattle. Lohse II.

The Rangers or Astros will eventually cave to Boras. I think we can officially stop thinking about Choo now.
I don't see the Rangers topping that offer when they can sign Cruz for a lot less. Astros would be nuts to spend that. I think Seattle is the only team crazy enough.

Anyone who STILL thinks that the Orioles should sign Choo is nuts!

I don't see how he could turn down that contract. And on another note, I guess the yankees arent really that serious about staying below the 189m tax line. Who da thunk it? :)

Seriously, some of us, never even had the Orioles in the Choo market.

Anyone who STILL thinks that the Orioles should sign Choo is nuts!

I don't see how he could turn down that contract. And on another note, I guess the yankees arent really that serious about staying below the 189m tax line. Who da thunk it? :)

I heard on the radio this morning that with the signing of BRob and some lefty reliever, the Yanks are now over the tax line.

Hopefully. Like I said, I like Choo, and would not exactly like seeing him have this negative experience, but we need more Boras miscalculations and failures.

I think Boras made a major over evaluation of Choo and his skillset.

Not that Choo isn't a good player, but 20 million dollar a year, long term contract. No thanks

Archived