What is the "right offer"?

Sports Guy

I would prefer Jones, Clement, Triunfel and Sherrill...That would be the best case scenario, assuming you can't get Tillman in this deal instead of Sherrill.
I agree, that'd be a better deal, but I don't think Seattle will give up Jones and Clement. If they do, I'd take whatever else we can get beyond those two and make the deal.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would prefer Jones, Clement, Triunfel and Sherrill...That would be the best case scenario, assuming you can't get Tillman in this deal instead of Sherrill.

I didn't know what the right offer was, but I had a figure you'd be here to tell me what it was. ;)

Anywho, doesn't look like MacPhail is gonna get his 4...

Wouldn't Murton be stuck behind Scott. My reason for Veal is we need some depth at AA. Also, I'm hoping Seattle would consider Morrow if we accept him as part of a 3-1. Let them keep Sherill. I would accept Tillman instead of Morrow only if we get Sherrill. It would of course mean that we must get Gallagher from the Cubs.
Murton or Scott would play LF and the other would DH or play 1B. There are plenty of at bats around for everybody.

If JoeyR5 is right and the BRob deal is dead because of our asking price being too high(how that is being defined, i am not sure), that kind of answers my question in this thread.

The right offer could very well mean some team overpaying....I really do think AM is asking for too much for these guys.

Just an FYI, im done posting on this site, and will likely keep things with the insiders to a PM. Sorry if I haven't been right, but it's called a source. I had about 10 PM's telling me how good I am the day Tony had it on his front page, and Belkast made a thread, and th eother sources agreed.

Just an FYI, im done posting on this site, and will likely keep things with the insiders to a PM. Sorry if I haven't been right, but it's called a source. I had about 10 PM's telling me how good I am the day Tony had it on his front page, and Belkast made a thread, and th eother sources agreed.

If I were in your shoes I'd do the same thing. Things have been so hopless for the O's for so long, we've got a kill the messenger mentality around here right now. Best of luck. I look forward to seeing the Cubs in the WS this year.

If you want to stop posting, that's fine. If you want to keep posting, that's fine too. Just don't go crying every time someone questions you because you're relatively new here and your post count is low.

Respect is earned. It doesn't come from saying "You should respect me."

I don't blame him...People were ignorant to him in the thread he started.

I think it was how the thread was phrased... had he posted "I'm hearing..... take it for what it's worth..." that would have been easier to swallow... the way he posted it made it sound like a fact that could not be challenged.. and well, how many of those have we been through this offseason? Probably not a good idea to start a thread with that "air" about it, even if you know it's true.

I can't say because I don't know what else out there or what else could have happened with the Dodgers...I think the Dodgers stuff bothers me more than anything.

So we can at least agree that you wouldn't have accepted a deal with the M's at this point.

I don't believe we were offered the great deals from the Dodgers that were mentioned here.

I think it was how the thread was phrased... had he posted "I'm hearing..... take it for what it's worth..." that would have been easier to swallow... the way he posted it made it sound like a fact that could not be challenged.. and well, how many of those have we been through this offseason? Probably not a good idea to start a thread with that "air" about it, even if you know it's true.

He could have said that but he has been posting on here long enough and had enough backing from our insiders that people should know he has a source.

So we can at least agree that you wouldn't have accepted a deal with the M's at this point.

I don't believe we were offered the great deals from the Dodgers that were mentioned here.

How can i agree on this? I have no idea what has been offered.

Wasn't there a story last week or so that said they offered Jones, Clement and Sherrill?

If JoeyR5 is right and the BRob deal is dead because of our asking price being too high(how that is being defined, i am not sure), that kind of answers my question in this thread.

The right offer could very well mean some team overpaying....I really do think AM is asking for too much for these guys.

Well again, it seems like you have similiar expectations. Even if we go back to Tejada, you said you wouldn't have made that trade, so his expectations were lower in that case.

Archived