What is the "right offer"?

Sports Guy

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you think getting Kemp and Kershaw was reasonable you have either overvalued Bedard or undervalued the other 2. Kershaw is the top lefty prospect in baseball and one of the top 3 pitching prospects in general. Kemp is not only their everyday starting right fielder but also is batting 3rd thru 5th in many projected lineups. They want to win now but relinquish one of their cleanup hitters in an already powerless offense?

Kershaw + non ML Ready prospects seems more reasonable, as subtracting from a point of weakness does not.

Can you tell the difference between Kemp/Kershaw and Kemp and Kershaw?

Sorry to see you go. I liked the insight your posts gave us and I valued that information every bit as much as I valued the other insiders. I think that many of these posters are immature and narrow minded and unfortunately can type their moronic opinions far too easily.

Immature and narrow-minded with moronic opinions?

I must tell you that your ridiculous 'Bedard to the Mariners' thread and responses within to such questions as 'what your source was' with 'The Book of Nostradamus' were every bit as immature. Your stay here at our site will be a short lived one with those and these continued remarks.

Criticizing Scottie, a staff member, when you have only 12 posts also doesn't endear you to the masses.

Greg Pappas,

What is your problem? Just because I have a life and don't live on this site doesn't make my posts any less important than anybody elses. You didn't read any posts beyond the 1st 5 posts on that thread. It was in good fun, it didn't harm anyone and it was a good topic. I admit, the title was inappropriate, but SO WHAT, you live and you learn. If I harmed your fragile little psyche with that post, my apologies.

Greg Pappas,

What is your problem? Just because I have a life and don't live on this site doesn't make my posts any less important than anybody elses. You didn't read any posts beyond the 1st 5 posts on that thread. It was in good fun, it didn't harm anyone and it was a good topic. I admit, the title was inappropriate, but SO WHAT, you live and you learn. If I harmed your fragile little psyche with that post, my apologies.

I believe that you guys can handle yourselves a little better & most of the critical responses will go away. Most folks here take the O's and there dealings very seriously.

@ JoeyR5 I enjoy reading your post with information from your guy. Most of the insider info this off season has been way off base. I include your guys stuff in that comment. With that being said Its another opinion that we couldn't otherwise get. Please post with a little more finesse & everyone else will look forward to hearing what you say as well.

@J-Guts I didn't start posting here until december & I have a small amount of post compared to most of these guys. The Stone throwing contest really aren't necessary and dont really accomplish much. I wasn't crazy about your Nostradamus post either. I like to get the most accurate info possible & was pretty excited about your first post before that reply that you actually might have saw something that I hadn't yet. I am happy to hear your Opinion on what you think might happen as long as in your first post you mention that it is exactly that.

Thanks

Johnny

@ Greg I hope you dont feel I've stepped on your toes here:)

:o .... Wow banned really? Seems a bit harsh but since I'm new here also I'll just say its a shame.

When you see somebody's status as "released" it means that they are currently banned from posting. It does not imply that it's permanent. Sometimes people who are too belligerent (or who give too much lip to the people who run the place, or whatever) are given a little vacation for a few days. When it happens to SG, he spends his time over on the Sun board raising a ruckus and telling everybody they're stupid in ways that wouldn't be tolerated here. I got a vacation once, about a year-and-a-half ago, for giving Tony some lip. Mine was for 3 or 4 days, I don't remember exactly, something like that.

When you see somebody's status as "released" it means that they are currently banned from posting. It does not imply that it's permanent. Sometimes people who are too belligerent (or who give too much lip to the people who run the place, or whatever) are given a little vacation for a few days. When it happens to SG, he spends his time over on the Sun board raising a ruckus and telling everybody they're stupid in ways that wouldn't be tolerated here. I got a vacation once, about a year-and-a-half ago, for giving Tony some lip. Mine was for 3 or 4 days, I don't remember exactly, something like that.

Wow, you even obsess over me when I am not on the board? :eek:

Sorry, but I don't feel compelled to be roll out the welcome mat to a guy who threatened to take his toys and leave the sandbox because he couldn't handle doubt and criticism he brought on himself.

I can handle criticism. Can I have a belated welcome mat?? Please?!?!:D

Archived