The Orioles are among the teams interested in Bronson Arroyo

Greg

I think that was Elvis, or maybe Bill Haley, or Carl Perkins, or Jerry Lee Lewis.

Or maybe it was Ray Charles or Sam Cooke or Billie Holiday and Elvis and them just popularized white people trying to sing like black people.

Not that I object in the slightest...

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, Arroyo pitches in a hitter parks but he also faces pitchers and not DH's and the offense in that division isn't exactly spectacular. I'd bet Arroyo gets hit like a pinata in the AL East with an ERA closer to 5 than 4 in my opinion.
I don't think Arroyo does any worse that Feldman for us and he is a better bet to give us 200 IP.

I don't think Arroyo does any worse that Feldman for us and he is a better bet to give us 200 IP.

Maybe, but Feldman turned himself into into a pretty good GB pitcher last year. And hasn't given up HR's at the rate (HR/9) Arroyo has despite pitching in Texas/AL and Chicago/Wrigley. If it was a one year deal I wouldn't be too upset about it.

If the O's wouldn't give Feldman $10 million per year, why would they consider giving Arroyo more? (taking for granted that it'd take more than that to sign him)
They didn't want to go 3 years with Feldman. They might go two years with Arroyo.

Maybe, but Feldman turned himself into into a pretty good GB pitcher last year. And hasn't given up HR's at the rate (HR/9) Arroyo has despite pitching in Texas/AL and Chicago/Wrigley. If it was a one year deal I wouldn't be too upset about it.
Feldman would have been fine, but not for 3 years.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Arroyo frustrated that teams can give Tanaka $155M & "forget about guys like me, who have done the job for the last eight or 10 years."</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">January 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/stark_jayson/id/10369584/how-free-agent-starter-bronson-arroyo-unemployed

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Arroyo frustrated that teams can give Tanaka $155M & "forget about guys like me, who have done the job for the last eight or 10 years."</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

http://espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/stark_jayson/id/10369584/how-free-agent-starter-bronson-arroyo-unemployed

And thus the problem with baseball. It wasn't "teams" that gave him $155 million, it was A team, the Yanks, who can afford the money if he ends up being a flop.

But I see Arroyo's point.

And thus the problem with baseball. It wasn't "teams" that gave him $155 million, it was A team, the Yanks, who can afford the money if he ends up being a flop.

But I see Arroyo's point.

I find it hard to believe that "he doesnt have an offer to turn down". I am sure even someone like the Os would have low balled him by now.

Frustrated that he is going to get paid millions upon millions to play a game? He has already made 71 million in his career, how much more does he need? If you don't like what baseball has to pay then quit and do something else.

I find it hard to believe that "he doesnt have an offer to turn down". I am sure even someone like the Os would have low balled him by now.

He is probably saying he need x number of year and y number of dollars minimum. That is why no one is making him an offer.

Archived