The Orioles are among the teams interested in Bronson Arroyo

Greg

Bronson Arroyo - S - Reds

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe hears the Diamondbacks are planning a meeting with free agent Bronson Arroyo.

Cafardo also says the team is "very serious" about their interest in the right-hander. Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers has been outspoken all offseason about his desire to acquire a frontline starter, but the 36-year-old would represent something closer to a mid-rotation starter for Arizona. It would also be a bit confusing why the team, with big-time prospect Archie Bradley and 2013 first-round pick Braden Shipley in the pipeline, would give Arroyo the three-year deal he's said to be seeking. The Dodgers and Orioles are two other clubs said to be in on the right-hander.

Related: Diamondbacks

Source: Nick Cafardo on Twitter

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We aren't getting Arroyo and we aren't getting Burnett. We will likely wind up with Capuano or Maholm, add another bullpen arm, and call it an offseason.

Well, you are probably right, but can't we keep it like the family secret that never gets talked about? You know, it's a bit uncomfortable.

:puke::puke::puke:

I've got an overwhelming feeling that you're right?

:puke::puke::puke:

I've got an overwhelming feeling that you're right?

I would rather give up a pick and get Santana. I know we need 2 pitchers so why not Santana and 1 of the 2 pitchers you named (not familiar with them). At the very least we need another arm besides the one marquee guy (Perhaps the Korean pitcher fits this bill).

I am as pessimistic as they come but even I think they will sign someone. If they don't, they simply are putting up a big middle finger to the players, Buck and the fans.

I would rather give up a pick and get Santana. I know we need 2 pitchers so why not Santana and 1 of the 2 pitchers you named (not familiar with them). At the very least we need another arm besides the one marquee guy (Perhaps the Korean pitcher fits this bill).

I am as pessimistic as they come but even I think they will sign someone. If they don't, they simply are putting up a big middle finger to the players, Buck and the fans.

IMO I doubt the Orioles are even serious about Santana. Yeah they reviewed his medicals but his price/years are not what we are looking for right now.

I am sure whatever offer we made to Arroyo (if we even have made one) is at best a 2 year deal....and I think he will get a better deal with the DBacks.

I am thinking if we do sign a pitcher it's going to be Capuano, who just said he's willing to take a 1 year deal. I would think $4-6MM would get it done. I would pass on Maholm.

We aren't getting Arroyo and we aren't getting Burnett. We will likely wind up with Capuano or Maholm, add another bullpen arm, and call it an offseason.
Well, you are probably right, but can't we keep it like the family secret that never gets talked about? You know, it's a bit uncomfortable.

Every Family has it's secrets.

familysecrets.jpg

Actually this has been a fairly mild off season compared to some. The year Tex signed with the skankees was a riot.

Yeah, I miss those days. At least at that time I actually WANTED to sign Tex. This year while I am frustrated with the lack of additions, there was nobody in particular that I really wanted for the team.

Does anyone know the Free Agent class for next offseason, so we can start to formulate thoughts about more guys we won't get?

Yeah, I miss those days. At least at that time I actually WANTED to sign Tex. This year while I am frustrated with the lack of additions, there was nobody in particular that I really wanted for the team.

Does anyone know the Free Agent class for next offseason, so we can start to formulate thoughts about more guys we won't get?

The Prince Fielder and Josh Hamilton threads are classics.

I found this:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/02/2015-mlb-free-agents.html

Archived