The Orioles are among the teams interested in Bronson Arroyo

Greg

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The draft pick and the Beatles are both overrated.

The Beatles, who revolutionized the popular music world, were about as overrated as Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali were overrated as boxers.

Hey ....... were you the guy at Decca Records that rejected the Beatles in 1962 on the basis that "guitars were on the way out?"

Nice to meet you !!!

I've been advocating for Arroyo a lot lately, but I could also support giving up a draft pick for Ubaldo Jimenez. He certainly pitched like a number one starter for most of last season. His velocity is down from where it was during his peak in Colorado and it will probably never return, but his performance last year suggests that he's become a more complete pitcher.

Ervin Santana, though, would be a terrible choice. Even during his better seasons he's given up huge home run totals in relatively pitcher-friendly parks. He's a terrible fit for OPACY. Arroyo and Ubaldo will also give up their share of home runs, but they have already shown that they can succeed in smaller parks.

When Bronson is "ushered" into the MLB HOF, will he wear the cap of the Sawx, Reds or the O's? :scratchchinhmm: Or will he go neutral like Tony and Maddux.....:slytf:

I'm on board with a Bronson Arroyo signing for 2 years or less. I would be okay with 2/24 but something tells me that the frugal Orioles are looking so sign him for even less. His numbers are pretty solid and he does pitch in a band box already so pitching in OPACY shouldn't be a radical change for him. His record of durability is amongst the best in baseball. Even though he'll be 37 in February, he probably represents the surest thing out there with the least amount of risk.

Ok sign me up but where's Drungo's assessment? :scratchchinhmm:

I'm on board with a Bronson Arroyo signing for 2 years or less. I would be okay with 2/24 but something tells me that the frugal Orioles are looking so sign him for even less. His numbers are pretty solid and he does pitch in a band box already so pitching in OPACY shouldn't be a radical change for him. His record of durability is amongst the best in baseball. Even though he'll be 37 in February, he probably represents the surest thing out there with the least amount of risk.
:agree: But I think you'll have to offer at least 2/24M plus an option.

You left out Albert Einstein, Madame Curie, and Pablo Picasso.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xtrooe" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtrooe_the-beatles-rooftop-concert-london-original-version_music" target="_blank">The Beatles - Rooftop Concert (London Original...</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/STARDUST72" target="_blank">STARDUST72</a></i>

Poor dan-O

The Beatles, who revolutionized the popular music world, were about as overrated as Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali were overrated as boxers.

Hey ....... were you the guy at Decca Records that rejected the Beatles in 1962 on the basis that "guitars were on the way out?"

Nice to meet you !!!

The Beatles made black music appealing to white audiences. That's what they did.

2/24 is acceptable

:agree:

make-it-so-captain.jpg

Archived