Should the O's acquire Burnett?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Should the O's acquire Burnett?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly at this point the situation is that we just need another starting pitcher. There are four good ones left: Burnett, Jimenez, Santana and Arroyo. Of those four I'd have Burnett either second or third, definitely behind Jimenez and maybe behind Santana depending on the length of the deal and the money involved. But getting any one of those four starters would improve our team for 2014.

Then what should the Orioles do?

What kind of question is this? The poll is a simple "yes" or "no", and "no" is an acceptable answer that doesn't need defending. If you don't think Burnett is going to be successful 1) in Camden Yards 2) at age 38 -- a very possible outcome -- then obviously the alternative is "don't sign him". I don't think Nelson Cruz'll be successful, but I don't want to sign him just to sign a name that isn't Markakis or Lough, both of whom could easily outproduce him. If I felt Burnett was gonna give us a 4.75 ERA, I'd rather try anything else.

That said, I'd like us to sign Burnett, I'm just trying to not get my expectations up in any way. Lance Berkman had a killer 2011 and now he's retired. It's not Burnett's 2013 season we'd be paying for.

Someone tell me a reason for no. The dude basically was ready to retire, he's not a 4 year sign, I dont think hes more than a 1/14 sign, and I'm good with that. Sign me up for 2/22, if he turns into a dumpster fire, cut him, this team can gamble with some money, we have more chips then are being shown.

Archived