Orioles have traded Alex Gonzalez to the Detroit Tigers

xian4

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles have traded Alex Gonzalez to the Detroit Tigers</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">March 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This points to Schoop breaking with the big club for an early cup of coffee until Machado comes back. AGon would have been my temp choice over Casilla and Weeks as a stopgap at 3rd while Flash handles 2nd. Now I see Schoop at 2nd and Flash at 3rd as the stopgap.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles have acquired Steve Lombardozzi, 25, from Detroit for Alex Gonzalez, source says</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles have acquired Steve Lombardozzi, 25, from Detroit for Alex Gonzalez, source says</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

That's an incredible return, IMO. Well done, DD!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lombardozzi, originally from Fulton, Md,. can play several positions. Spent three years with the Nationals before going to Tigers.</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

In a vacuum I don't really understand this move as he seems to be younger, cheaper, and a less talented version of Gonzalez.

But I do also think we have more moves coming. Hope this guy doesn't start at 2B on March 31 ahead of Schoop.

Archived