Orioles have traded Alex Gonzalez to the Detroit Tigers

xian4

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lombardozzi is a 2B, right? I wouldn't draw any conclusions about Schoop on the OD roster just yet, but what do I know? Does he have options?

So far as I can tell, Lombardozzi has all three options remaining. He was drafted in 2008, called up at the end of 2011 and has never played in the minors since his first call-up.

Lombardozzi is a scrappy player but not much of a hitter from what I've seen on him on the Nats the last three years.

In the last two years has played 64 games in the OF. Also he is a S/H.

That's good I guess. I doubt we'll need him in the OF. I meant other IF positions. He does have a little time at third base in the majors so maybe he does have the versatility to be a utility guy. Looks like he splits quite a bit better against RHP.

NICE! Not sure where Lombardozzi fits into this team's plan but DD practically just picked some trash out of the dumpster and then traded it to a desperate team for something valuable.

I guess. Lombardozzi is a versatile guy defensively but his bat is a pretty big zero and he doesn't bring any speed. Although he is a switch-hitter, he can't hit left-handed (career .586 OPS) so he's basically a right-handed hitting utility guy. Personally, I'd rather have Gonzalez who at least has some pop in his bat or Weeks for his speed.

From mlbtraderumors.com

The Tigers acquired shortstop Alex Gonzalez from the Orioles for infielder Steve Lombardozzi, tweets Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun.

Lombardozzi, 25, hit .259/.278/.338 in 307 plate appearances for the Nationals last year, appearing at second base, left field, and third base. He was traded to the Tigers in December along with Robbie Ray and Ian Krol for Doug Fister. Gonzalez, 37, was in Orioles camp as a non-roster invitee. Gonzalez had signed a minor league deal with Baltimore in January, and put together a strong line in 30 spring plate appearances.

Gonzalez provides another option for the Tigers for the injured Jose Iglesias, who will begin the season on the DL and will miss likely significant time with stress fractures in both shins. The Tigers acquired infielder Andrew Romine from the Angels two days ago.

Lombo has options, so any time you can get a 25-year old IF with option for a 37-yo SS who was a NRI, good job.

Glad they got him!:) Go Nats:)! Ha ha, that was for Weams.

AGon looked good but good return for someone that wouldn't have been here long anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived