Anyone Going to Norfolk Exhibition on Saturday?

Rene88

Thanks for emailing and the manipulation we are speaking of is the ending of innings early. I have no problem ending the game after the 5th that after all is the policy. The problem we all had was the ending innings several outs early to "move it along". That said THANK YOU for emailing and giving me the email. That is why you are very well liked around here. Go O's.

The exhibition was played like a minor league spring game with pitch counts ending the innings so that the respective pitchers could get their appropriate up and downs. The idea was that no matter what, those first two pitchers would get their work in, regardless of scoring. I know it looked like they were trying to cheat you but they weren't. That is how they do those practice things. They should have done a better job of explaining that in some manner ahead of time. There was no point where the game became official and refunds would have been offered. It was a practice session. For the good fans of Norfolk to enjoy. Thanks for the compliment!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would you have preferred trips to the pitchers mound when the pitch counts rose while fans sat in the rain?

They don't do that in practices. Those pitchers had set numbers they needed to achieve, regardless of result.

The exhibition was played like a minor league spring game with pitch counts ending the innings so that the respective pitchers could get their appropriate up and downs. The idea was that no matter what, those first two pitchers would get their work in, regardless of scoring. I know it looked like they were trying to cheat you but they weren't. That is how they do those practice things. They should have done a better job of explaining that in some manner ahead of time. There was no point where the game became official and refunds would have been offered. It was a practice session. For the good fans of Norfolk to enjoy. Thanks for the compliment!

Now that is something we can agree on. I told my friends as everyone was going crazy about this is as it was being played just like our intrasquad scrimmages used to be on the minor league fields in spring training. The complain was we weren't charging 25 dollars a pop to enter those.

You were also right I think there may have been more understanding of the situation if it was explained before hand and perhaps refunds even offered to those who didn't want to see it. The announcer didn't even explain what was happening when the teams would leave the field with 1 or no outs. So there was MAJOR confusion in the ballpark.

My use of the word cheated probably was a little strong but the way it got to 5 innings is how it felt to many in attendance. But like I said in the original post about this the game Monday is far more important and guys needed to get their work in.

Yes! Exactly. Instead of getting our $ back, many got a short crappy game and many didn't even bother showing. Not playing would have been a much better decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Fans who have ticket stub to 2day's Norfolk game can bring it to Tides? box office and get a new ticket to any Mon-Thur Tides game in April</p>? Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">March 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Am I the only one who thinks this is fair?

This whole thread goes under the saying, "No good deed goes unpunished". They should have called the game and flown home to Baltimore.

I agree. And given out exchange tickets. Or free addmision to the 2015 exhibition.

By the way "game" related notes. Matt Weiters was crushing the ball. He hit a home run with the wind blowing in that cleared the bullpen in RF. It was a heck of a shot. Yoon looked pretty good looked more comfortable than when I saw him down in Spring training a week or two ago.

The LF for the Tides who I believe was Berry yesterday made 2 or 3 diving attempts to catch the ball. Made one great diving catch against the wall. It doesn't take game observations for one to see this but the O's lineup is going to be dangerous this year. I was thinking yesterday of having to be a pitcher and having to face Hardy/Jones/Davis/Cruz/Weiters all in a row. That is not easy! We are going to put up some runs this year. Lets hope the pitching shows up. If it does we may have something special!!

Eh, its a start. The problem is these tickets were 2 to 3 times the cost of regular Tides tickets. Also, most of the people complaining are from out of town so going to a Mon-Thursday April Tides game is hard on them. I lead up a group of 8 guys and their families in the richmond area and I bought tickets for us all. So in theory I would have over 20 "mon-thursday april) game seats to use but I can't imagine with work and what not I'll make it to a single one.

I think most people were in the camp of it was cool to see the Orioles but all things considered maybe they should have just flown to Baltimore and come next year.

Eh, its a start. The problem is these tickets were 2 to 3 times the cost of regular Tides tickets. Also, most of the people complaining are from out of town so going to a Mon-Thursday April Tides game is hard on them. I lead up a group of 8 guys and their families in the richmond area and I bought tickets for us all. So in theory I would have over 20 "mon-thursday april) game seats to use but I can't imagine with work and what not I'll make it to a single one.

I think most people were in the camp of it was cool to see the Orioles but all things considered maybe they should have just flown to Baltimore and come next year.

Just a thought... maybe you could donate your ticket stubs to a local Norfolk charity to turn in so they could take some people who never get to see a game. You won't get to go yourself, but you might end up feeling pretty good about it.

Dan Connolly @danconnollysun

Fans who have ticket stub to 2day's Norfolk game can bring it to Tides? box office and get a new ticket to any Mon-Thur Tides game in April.

YES !!!

5,999,999,999 people in this world think that it is unfair.

You are the ONLY ONE of 6 Billion people worldwide to think that this is fair.

You're a strange guy, Bob.

So you may have about 20 "free tics" (I assume folks reimbursed you) to "get rid of" or use on a weeknight......

1. As it is a 90 minute drive to a 6:30 game, folks would have to Lv. by 4:30 and take off work early? :confused::clap3:

2. Boys Club/Girls Club, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Norfolk, or the local military folks would appreciate the "tax-deductible" gift. :scratchchinhmm::scratchchinhmm:

Lemons out of Lemonade. :)

Eh, its a start.

I agree, it's a start.

Maybe if they throw in a few free meals ....... a few free Tides jerseys ........ pay my nephew's tuition for undergraduate school ......... THEN, I would say that the marker has been paid, and the sin has been forgiven.

Archived