Faust, Shaq, and Roddy Peters to Transfer

http://www.testudotimes.com/2014/4/25/5650532/ian-chiles-maryland-transfer-rumors?utm_source=testudotimes&utm_medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

This guy looks pretty good in nice scoring for a terrible team, but his TOV is also very good and the most intriguing.

I find it hard to believe that a PG who averaged 1.5 assists per game for IUPUI with poor shooting percentages is going to succeed in the Big Ten.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it hard to believe that a PG who averaged 1.5 assists per game for IUPUI with poor shooting percentages is going to succeed in the Big Ten.

Controlling the ball and not making mistakes would do wonders for this team. Not having the pressure to score as much would certainly drive his assists up. Currently he's better than any other back up guard on the team.

That's not saying much IMHO. Worst collection of guards I've seen at Maryland in a long time. Frankly I welcome change and see what the incoming freshmen can do. I wish Allen nothing but the best but I don't view him as a big loss and wonder if he can stay in one piece for a season. Seems injury prone..Just my two cents:)

To my knowledge, Allen's only major injury was his broken foot. I don't see how that makes him "injury prone." I also don't understand how you wouldn't view him as a big loss when you look at the lack of depth at Guard. Even if Trimble comes in and is amazing we currently have nothing to back him up and while Chiles may be a decent backup if he comes, he isn't as talented as Allen.

On another note, Faust might be regretting his decision to go to Oregon State since their coach just got fired. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/05/05/oregon-state-fires-mens-basketball-coach-craig-robinson/8716573/

Yes the recent transfers are a bit alarming but when it comes down to it, Allen quit on his teammates and coaches at UMD and good riddance. He was on WNST today and said that he is 6'2" and needs to play point guard in order to get to the NBA.

Lets be real here, Allen is a great talent and played well when he was rushed back from injury this year but his ceiling is Terrell Stoglin in my eyes. He needs to take a ton of shots for him to score his points and isn't really a facilitator or a great defender. Do I see the NBA in his future? No but he could have a great European career.

This is the problem with college basketball today, so many kids think they have what it takes to make the pro's and transfer teams multiple times, through AAU, high school and college where the NCAA allows them to at a drop of a hat. Those kind of kids usually have me-first attitudes and if they don't get there way they'll just go some place that will put up with the attitude. I though Seth wasn't this type of kid, coming from a great family but hanging out with Faust and Pe'Shon Howard can change that.

Allen left when he found out Trimble was going to get serious minutes at the PG position this season and didn't want to compete for the job or switch roles to benefit the team. I say good riddance.

To my knowledge, Allen's only major injury was his broken foot. I don't see how that makes him "injury prone." I also don't understand how you wouldn't view him as a big loss when you look at the lack of depth at Guard. Even if Trimble comes in and is amazing we currently have nothing to back him up and while Chiles may be a decent backup if he comes, he isn't as talented as Allen.

On another note, Faust might be regretting his decision to go to Oregon State since their coach just got fired. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2014/05/05/oregon-state-fires-mens-basketball-coach-craig-robinson/8716573/

Faust is opening his recruitment back up. I read somewhere that UCLA might be the favorite.

The Terps offered Hawaii PG Keith Shamburger. This would be his third school.

Faust is opening his recruitment back up. I read somewhere that UCLA might be the favorite.

The Terps offered Hawaii PG Keith Shamburger. This would be his third school.

Shamburger would definitely help. A 5.4/2.0 assist/to ratio at Hawaii is outstanding for college ball. Not much of a shooter, but he's an 83% foul shooter - so a good PG to protect leads down the stretch. If he transfers to MD and Trimble plays up to expectations, we should be okay at the point next season.

Still just a really piss poor decision by Allen. He has a golden opportunity to start at PG in the Big Ten and he's scared off by competition from a freshman... that's pathetic. Trimble's a good prospect, but he's not likely going to step in and be a star as a freshman. Whoever's advising him... well, really bad decision is the phrase that keeps coming to mind.

I'm very wary of anyone now that Turgeon brings into the program. They never seem to be as good as advertised or does it come down to coaching or both??

This is honestly a great question. All of these guys suddenly have attitude problems. Well, these are Turgeon's guys. Not one guy has out performed his potential and few of lived up to it. Turgeon is not a great in game coach nor has he shown any ability to get the most from his talent. I does try hard a recruiting, but I think word is starting to get out about him. It's only going to make it tougher for Maryland to get back into being a player in major college basketball again. Kevin Anderson made a bad hire and gave him way too long of a contract.

Don't these kids have to sit out a year after transferring? I thought that was the rule unless there was some major upheaval like the head coach leaving.

Yes, unless they have some sort of hardship that changing schools would help - such as being geographically closer to a dying parent. Allen WILL have to sit out next season. I don't know if this is spin or not, but supposedly he has a foot injury situation that he says would benefit from him taking a year off.

I don't think this is necessarily a case of a kid with an attitude problem. He's a kid, and kids sometimes make bad emotional decisions when they listen to the wrong people. But maybe this is what you get when you recruit using folks who are tied into the AAU scene - the kind of thing Gary used to avoid like the plague.

According to Jon Rothstein, the Terps are in the mix for Georgia Tech transfer Robert Carter Jr. along with St. Johns and South Carolina. Carter was a top 15 recruit in 2012and has a similar body build to Charles Mitchell but unlike Chuck, Carter can shoot the ball. He will have to sit out a year but would be a great addition with Smo leaving after this upcoming season.

The Terps are also in the mix for former North Carolina A&T PG Richard Pack who averaged 17 PPG last season and 4.6 REB.

When is Turgeon exiting??. What a joke of a program this has become!! Does Mitchell have a set of parents to care for his grandmother?? Not trying to be insensitive here but ill grandmothers seems like the oldest excuse in the book. I used it a few times when I was in school..

Hopefully this leaves the team with a bunch of guys that actually want to be there. I saw a tweet saying "Told from player on the team that Charles Mitchell leaving the program "wouldn't be the worst thing to happen."

Carter would be a good get and I hope they still get another true PG. But If Turgeon can't coach the talent that these guys have, I hope they give him the boot too.

When is Turgeon exiting??. What a joke of a program this has become!! Does Mitchell have a set of parents to care for his grandmother?? Not trying to be insensitive here but ill grandmothers seems like the oldest excuse in the book. I used it a few times when I was in school..

Probably just trying to use that as an excuse so he can play right away. We'll be better next year than we were this year.

Archived