Faust, Shaq, and Roddy Peters to Transfer

In Faust/Cleare/Peters they lose 56 minutes a game. Allen and Mitchell would be another 48 minutes. That is over 50% of last year's minutes.

This has all the makings of a FUBAR for the program.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Allen and Mitchell do leave, how long before one or more of next year's recruits asks out of their commitment?

I would doubt any of the 2014 recruits would ask out. Nowadays guys just see that as an opportunity for more minutes. Now it might make them less likely to stay if the team sucks and it might make it harder to attract recruits in the future.

No way I believe that there isn't some truth to this rumor with regards to Allen. Turgeon had a similar response to the first reports that Faust was leaving. I think that at the very least Allen is seriously considering leaving. I know I may get mocked but I follow Seth Allen on twitter and he went from posting multiple times a day to not posting anything the last 3 days. That is fishy and you would think he would even go on there and state he wasn't leaving if that was the case since the rumors were so big yesterday.

The more I think about it the more I can see Allen wanting to leave if he feels like Turgeon has made a commitment to letting Trimble start. I think it is silly for Turgeon to have made any promises but I almost get the feeling he has.

I know I may get mocked but I follow Seth Allen on twitter and he went from multiple times most days to not posting anything the last 3 days. That is fishy and you would think he would even go on there and state he wasn't leaving if that was the case since the rumors were so big yesterday.

You know what they say...if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all!

Messed up but funny. Is this all on Turgeon? Something has to be going on.

It seems like a mixture of Turgeon, playing time concerns, assistants who recruited these guys leaving, and a domino effect. I have a bad feeling that Turgeon made some serious commitment to Trimble and promised him that he would be the starter next year and then went ahead and told Allen there was a good chance he would be coming off the bench. Whatever the case, more unconfirmed reports have been out there today saying Allen is just waiting for the school to grant his release.

It seems like a mixture of Turgeon, playing time concerns, assistants who recruited these guys leaving, and a domino effect. I have a bad feeling that Turgeon made some serious commitment to Trimble and promised him that he would be the starter next year and then went ahead and told Allen there was a good chance he would be coming off the bench. Whatever the case, more unconfirmed reports have been out there today saying Allen is just waiting for the school to grant his release.

I would rather see a lineup of Melo, Allen, Wells, Layman, & tall big guy.

It just seems something is at the root of all these transfers and coaches leaving. The one still here is Turgeon.

Given a choice between watching the program fade into mediocrity and getting to watch a total meltdown I vote meltdown.

Most of the team walking out would be a lot more interesting then just watching them miss the NCAA every year.

I went to nearly as many games as I watched...& that was only 3 games. My interest for the Terps was waaaayy down this year.

After denying Allen was leaving yesterday, Turgeon is saying the following today:

"Maryland coach Mark Turgeon says by text that Seth Allen & Charles Mitchell are "going through a process" and he's "not sure" of transfer"

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria

We'll see ya Seth and Chuck. Really unfortunate.

Archived