vs. Blue Jays 4/12

weams

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't like to blame the umps for tough losses due to bad calls, unless it effects the (potential) last play of the game. Like tonight. This game should've been... in the WIN column. Hunter did his job; the third-base ump didn't do his, though.[/quote

Good pitch up out of zone - :hearts: Cathy's fault. :angryfire:

After finishing a late dinner.......TBone, scallops, garlic mashed potatoes :D:D

we retired to our respective areas - me back to the Mancave :2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb: BB screens (Phils/Marlins tied @ 4-4 in 10th, A's/Seattle 3-1 in 4th, LAA/Arizona 6-1 in 6th - love Vin Scully, and O's leading 1-0) after while,...Cathy asks from her bedroom - reading book & movie on TV, "What inning?"

I reply, "9th and our closer is in!" :)

"You mean Home Run Hunter?" Sound - Crack of bat to tie.

"Yup"

NOW - Let's Go O's :clap3::clap3:

I guess that's the thing. Cruz only had a couple of possibilities to move the runner up (e.g., base hit, walk). The likely outcome was an out that didn't move the runner up. I'd rather give Davis or Jones (better average hitters) the chance to get a base hit, especially when that hit would probably score the winning run.

Cruz and Davis are pretty equal as far as BA goes.

And if he throws a 4th slider and hangs it, you'd all be in here *****ing about why he didn't throw a fastball.

When I pitcher throws 97-99, you have to HAVE TO, sit fastball. If you're looking for anything else you don't catch up to the fastball.

Hindsight's 20/20 of course, I'm just venting. Nothing we can do about it now. I'm not normally pessimistic, just frustrated and kicking things around is all.

Archived