vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/22

OFFNY

Glad Jonesy had a game plan when he went up to bat with the bases loaded. Grip it an miss it.

He wasn't going to get challenged with a heater with Clevenger on deck unless Cecil fell behind in the count. He should know that by now.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be a good time to point out that the game of baseball is a game of managing failure. You can fail as a hitter 70% of the time for an entire career and yet find yourself in the Hall of Fame. Unfortunately, too many fans lack an understanding of that fact. Many of you, and I know the game threads allow more venting, seem to hate practically all of our guys. Suck it up, you guys sound like JTrea.

We do still play 9 right?

Absutely the most pathwtic thing ive seen in baseball all god damn season from any team. Jesus christ. Literally ANYTHING then the exact thing thwy dis wpuld have score a run

Put the bong down. Step away from the coffee table! No more beer either.

That's enough for me. I'm not in the mood to be frustrated tonight. If the hitters don't care then I don't care

Well that's a silly comment. Of course they care. I'd actually argue that Jones sometimes cares TOO much and gets ahead of himself. He was excited, hyper aggressive, and it cost him...

Very frustrating AB's with the bases juiced like that. Jones should have been looking for a pitch to elevate for at least a sac fly, and he swings at 3 straight in the dirt.

He's talented as all get out, but those who question his approach have more than a valid point.

These kind of at bats are why Adam will never be a truly elite player. It's almost as if he decides he is going to swing no matter what before the pitch is even thrown.

Archived