Deal not done? Or just covering up????

Oriolesfan2008

Everything is going as planned. The physicals are a must for us to okay any deal. Remember Glenn Davis? We were taken by Houston in that deal because Davis was damaged goods and he didn't get a physical. If he had taken a physical we would never have made that deal. He hid an injury he suffered doing his off season Karate workouts. AM got even with the Tejada deal. That deal will go down as a Brinks job by AM. Wait and see! AM is going to do it again to the Mariners although EB will help them. We are not going to tell Bedard until everybody passes with the medical staff. You don't tell a player he has been traded and then cancel it because of failed physicals. Period.

If the deal falls apart then you have an unhappy player. Not because he is unhappy he is leaving but upset because he doesn't know which team to go to. Bedard is either going to Arizona or Ft Lauderdale for Spring Training and the team will tell him when the time is right. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday. Remember when a Tejada deal fell apart last season near the trade deadline? Tejada sulked the rest of the season. He wanted to leave and was mad because we couldn't agree on the players coming here. If one of the players fails the physical another can be substituted. There are several contingency plans if someone fails their physical.

Jones was not pulled for a second time in the last few weeks unless a deal is being made. He is telling the truth. AM probably didn't think OH and the media would be this thorough. MacPhail said a few days ago that some things may happen before Feb 2nd. It's only January 28th. They do not want people thinking they didn't make the deal they wanted if a player has to be substituted to make the deal official. They don't want the deal to look like the Ravens did when they didn't get the Dallas coach and settled for Harbaugh who was a better choice IMO.

Bavasi and MacPhail will get it done... and then Hendry and AM will announce the Roberts deal.....tick...tick...tick.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, now there's a funny commercial for verizon- or whatever carrier does those DROPPED CALL COMMERCIALS

INT BAVASI'S OFFICE - MID AFTERNOON

Bill Bavasi picks up the phone and hits redial.

A voice on the other end picks up.

INT MACPHAIL'S OFFICE - MID AFTERNOON

Andy MacPhail

That you Bill? You decide on my offer yet?

Bill Bavasi

You got me by the balls Andy, you know I

need an ace.

Andy MacPhail

Good, so AJ, Sherrill, Triunfel, and Tillman...

Bill Bavasi

I'll agree to Sherrill and Tillman...

Suddenly the call drops, and all MacPhail hears is silence. He looks at the phone as if it's a joke.

Bill Bavasi is still naming players, in silence- as they fall on deaf ears.

Andy MacPhail

Yeah, I'm still listening Bill, who else? AJ,

Triunfel and who?

With no answer, Maphail slams the phone is disgust, then picks it up again, hitting the speed dial for the Anaheim Angels.

INT ANAHEIM ANGELS FRONT OFFICE

An arm outfitted in Angels gear picks the phone up, saying "hello.".

Andy Macphail

You were right Tony, bavasi is a real

douchebag. Now who you offering for Bedard

again?

Don't let a dropped call ruin a great deal for your struggling franchise. Switch to Singular and get the best nationwide coverage available.

CUT TO

INT BILL BAVASI'S OFFICE

Bill Bavasi

Andy, you still there? Come on

that's a great deal! Everybody hates

me!!

THE END

I laughed out loud. Rep points coming your way.

So this is approximately the 87th time this has happened this offseason. I'll believe the deal is done when it's actually done. That being said, it seems a little more likely this time because of the comments by Jones. But still, I remain skeptical.

The more I read, the more I love Adam "Not Pacman" Jones. I am really impressed with quotes like this. I really hope this happens soon.

"He's one of the best. Last year, he finished up as arguably one of the top candidates for the Cy Young. He's that good, so for me, it's an honor. You know, I like Seattle, but if I am in Baltimore, as I think I am now, I'm going to embrace it and have the best time of my life in Major League Baseball."

I've also read that Sherrill has a tremendous amount of loyalty to the Mariners for plucking him out of the independent leagues. I wouldn't think that is a slam against the Orioles, though he will be leaving a contender for a team that is not in a position to win.

Call me crazy- but I honestly believe if only a few things go our way- with all the new blood- will come a new attitude in the O's clubhouse... and I'd be surprised if the mariners had a better year than us.

I've seen it so many times where the team that looked to be on the rebuilding side of a trade ended up better off than the team looking to catapualt into serious contender status- in ALL sports, not just baseball.

Obviously the Florida Marlins are an easy example after giving up Josh Beckett, and yes they're in the national League in a much less dominant division... I know the trade worked out for the Red Sox too- but Seattle isn't the Red Sox...

There are many more cases that I can't think of in the 5 minutes I have to post this real quick (Ill try to add to it later).... but my point is that- Sherrill may turn out to be pleasantly surprised.

It's like any job- yeah I'm sure he is deeply devoted to Seattle, the team that gave him his chance(to which Ive read also)- but Im sure at least an ounce of that loyalty will be tested once this trade is finalized. It doesn't matter how he got here, once he's here- it's business... and then baseball.

So again- call me crazy- but I think he'll experience more winning in Baltimore in the next 5 years, than he would in Seattle... I hear you calling me crazy already... but watch and see....

With all the talk of physicals the one I'm stunned we haven't heard is Bedard. Why wouldn't Seattle demand one with his injury history and the price they are paying to acquire him. Also, anyone think Seattle could be getting 72 hour window.

With all the talk of physicals the one I'm stunned we haven't heard is Bedard. Why wouldn't Seattle demand one with his injury history and the price they are paying to acquire him. Also, anyone think Seattle could be getting 72 hour window.

I hadn't thought of that. Maybe Seattle was given a 72 hour window to talk to Pieper, and the final pieces moving back to the O's are dependent on whether they can sign him to an extension. If Jones is in the deal either way, then that would explain why he was pulled from Winter League, and this would also explain why MacPhail says nothing will happen in the next couple of days. Still, I think the O's just bungled this and I am grasping at straws.

I wonder if the 72hour window is even a possibility. If there is a window, then the deal would have to be very good for us. We'd have to definitely get back Clement or Triunfel along with Jones, Tillman and others. If they cant sign him, then maybe we get the lesser package that is rumored out there.

However, since Bedard is under control for two more years, I can't imagine that the O's would give a window before they trade him. Giving the window could really hurt the trade because Bedard may scoff at an extension and thereby lower Seattle's desire to acquire him.

Archived