Deal not done? Or just covering up????

Oriolesfan2008

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything I've heard this offseason indicates Scott won't be going anywhere. The FO really likes him, apparently.

Why would Atlanta give up their top minor league SS when their top 5 prospects of 2007 according to Baseball America were:

1. Jordan Schafer, of

2. Jason Heyward, of

3. Jair Jurrjens, rhp

4. Brandon Jones, of

5. Gorkys Hernandez, of

Sounds like they need something other than OF's.

Maybe the deal hasn't been announced because Sherrill has left his phone off the hook.

I see him sitting there, staring at the wall, clutching his blankie. "They can't trade me if they never tell me about it!"

A Piece From New Baltimore Sun Article.

"It's not uncommon for teams to deny a trade or free-agent signing until physicals -- if they are deemed necessary -- are completed"

Also BWI is all clear even though i just crash my 737 into a tree new the bay.......Then i had to shut of my PC.....i will try something else tommorow

JUST UPDATED

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-os0127,0,5598077.story

still a denial BUT

It's not uncommon for teams to deny a trade or free-agent signing until physicals -- if they are deemed necessary -- are completed.

Beneath it goes ont say that talks are ongoing and no deal has been reached. But this seems pretty solid to me - I hope.

Why would Atlanta give up their top minor league SS when their top 5 prospects of 2007 according to Baseball America were:

1. Jordan Schafer, of

2. Jason Heyward, of

3. Jair Jurrjens, rhp

4. Brandon Jones, of

5. Gorkys Hernandez, of

Sounds like they need something other than OF's.

I'm pretty sure that I never said we'd be trading him to Atlanta.......

The fact that Bedard's agent hasn't heard anything worries me.

Or is not willing to say he has heard something. Remember, he has to maintain a working relationship with AM and Bavasi in the future. It would not go over well if he broke this agreed upon deal and then it fell through for some reason before becoming official.

A Piece From New Baltimore Sun Article.

"It's not uncommon for teams to deny a trade or free-agent signing until physicals -- if they are deemed necessary -- are completed"

Why did you stop there? The very next 2 sentences say:

"However, a team source said tonight that trade talks involving Bedard were ongoing and the Orioles had not agreed to a deal with the Mariners or anybody else.

Mark Pieper, Bedard's agent, said tonight that he had not heard from either the Mariners or Orioles and had no knowledge that a deal was complete."

I found these comments from Sherril pretty disparaging...

Sherrill, one of the Mariners' top relievers last season when he posted a 2-0 record and 2.36 ERA in 73 appearances, said Sunday night from his Salt Lake City home that he's not aware of any deal that includes him.

"I have not heard a thing," he said, "but am preparing myself for the worst."

Preparing himself for the worst, huh?

Maybe I'm in the minority, with all the crazyness involving a rumored Bedard trade finally coming true (and I'm as guilty as anyone) but is Jones, Sherrill, and Tillman and a 4th all Bedard is really worth? If Clement or Triunfel isn't the fourth player, I'll be disapointed. JMHO. I'm especially wary making pitching the focal point of any deal because of the potential of injury.

Archived