Would you: cut Lough to bring up Quentin Berry

LookitsPuck

Any new updates on Reimold or Peguero?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com

(5/2/14) Orioles outfielder Francisco Peguero is close to game action, according to the Baltimore Sun. Peguero has been dealing with a wrist injury. He hasn't been able to play all year due to inflammation. He would likely either play in extended spring training, or play rehab games in the minors before he's called up.

=====================================================

Nolan Reimold (neck) took batting practice Wednesday.

Reimold is on the 60-day disabled list with a lingering neck injury. He won't be back until late May. May 1 - 1:26 PM

Source: Roch Kubatko on Twitter

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should've picked up this guy. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/05/athletics-claim-nick-buss.html

Can't imagine it would be too difficult to find a platoon hitting outfielder, who is good defensively. Just anyone who can field better than Cruz and hit better than Lough.

Why would you think Buss is better than Lough? The only place he's looked like a hitter is Albuquerque, where the diminutive Matt Angle even OPSes .800.

I like what Lough could do. But if the O's are a third of the way through the season on June 1st and Lough is still at a 455 OPS, I think the O's will be looking for an alternative. Call it a sophomore jinx or whatever. Lough has to hit better to maintain his spot of the major league roster.

Yes. If he's OPSing .455 in June they'll look for alternatives. But no one thinks that's his true talent level. If Chris Davis continues on his 13-homer pace they'll look for alternatives at first, too.

I don't know if he's better than Lough. But I don't think O's have much to lose, roster issues aside, by looking for alternatives. Whether Lough is still injured or not, he looks pretty bad at the plate. I do hope that he can get better, but right now I only see him as a back up OF.

Why would you think Buss is better than Lough? The only place he's looked like a hitter is Albuquerque, where the diminutive Matt Angle even OPSes .800.

by Chris Cwik | CBSSports.com

(5/2/14) Orioles outfielder Francisco Peguero is close to game action, according to the Baltimore Sun. Peguero has been dealing with a wrist injury. He hasn't been able to play all year due to inflammation. He would likely either play in extended spring training, or play rehab games in the minors before he's called up.

=====================================================

Nolan Reimold (neck) took batting practice Wednesday.

Reimold is on the 60-day disabled list with a lingering neck injury. He won't be back until late May. May 1 - 1:26 PM

Source: Roch Kubatko on Twitter

Wow! Thx man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't understand how anybody would take the the hit defensively in left to accommodate Cruz. Tough play or not, Lough would have caught that ball yesterday that Cruz couldn't get to. When you have a pitching staff that pitches to contact, doesn't overpower hitters, and relies on defense to bail them out, you don't sacrifice your defense by putting in a defensive black hole. Lough's not hitting, but as long as there's still defensively value you have to accommodate it a little while longer. You can't afford not to.

I can't understand how anybody would take the the hit defensively in left to accommodate Cruz. Tough play or not, Lough would have caught that ball yesterday that Cruz couldn't get to. When you have a pitching staff that pitches to contact, doesn't overpower hitters, and relies on defense to bail them out, you don't sacrifice your defense by putting in a defensive black hole. Lough's not hitting, but as long as there's still defensively value you have to accommodate it a little while longer. You can't afford not to.

You can accommodate a lot of defensive falloff when you're working with a .500 point OPS gap.

Recently, it looked to me like Lough pulled up and played two balls on the bounce that he formerly would have dived for. If he's not going to make plays like that anymore, his defense won't be as big a help as it was for KC.

Yes. If he's OPSing .455 in June they'll look for alternatives. But no one thinks that's his true talent level. If Chris Davis continues on his 13-homer pace they'll look for alternatives at first, too.

Its a poor comparison. Lough played in 96 games in the majors in his rookie year and though he hit for a decent average he didn't excel at OBP which should be in his speed game. Davis has two years of above average to excellent offensive performance on his side. The O's didn't stop playing Markakis because of his slump last year because he, like Davis, is an established major league player. Lough is not.

I hope that what we see now does not reflect Lough's talent. I hope the league did not adjust on him and he can't adjust back. But it does happen to 2nd year players at times.

Its a poor comparison. Lough played in 96 games in the majors in his rookie year and though he hit for a decent average he didn't excel at OBP which should be in his speed game. Davis has two years of above average to excellent offensive performance on his side. The O's didn't stop playing Markakis because of his slump last year because he, like Davis, is an established major league player. Lough is not.

I hope that what we see now does not reflect Lough's talent. I hope the league did not adjust on him and he can't adjust back. But it does happen to 2nd year players at times.

Lough's BABIP last year was .326, this year .216, but that isn't all bad luck His FB% is up from 35% to 51 % and his LD% is down from 22.6 to 13.3. It's harder for CoC's to find grass, than it is for a speed guy to beat out a few GB's. He has to change his approach.

I like Cruz's arm better. I'm still going with him. Nolan isn't diving into stands anymore.

Nolan has/had a strong arm - and maybe the wildest throwing arm I can remember seeing from a strong-armed outfielder. So, yes, Cruz has the better arm of those two.

Archived