Batting third, and playing RF - Francisco Peguero

wildcard

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some problems I see that make me pretty pessimistic about David Lough going forward this year:

LD: 13.8%, FB: 51.7%

That is pretty alarming.

ISO: .051

BABIP: .219

Those numbers don't bode well, either.

His K rate is also high this year (17.2%).

None of those are particularly good at all for him. A lot of popups, very low line drives, no power, missing a lot of pitches.

I would argue that both of these DO bode well..... league average BABIP is about .300, and a player with Lough's speed would usually be expected to top that. Over the small sample so far this season, a low BABIP is a sign that he has been unlucky rather than bad.

ISO, same thing, to a lesser extent.

I would argue that both of these DO bode well..... league average BABIP is about .300, and a player with Lough's speed would usually be expected to top that. Over the small sample so far this season, a low BABIP is a sign that he has been unlucky rather than bad.

ISO, same thing, to a lesser extent.

I think that BABIP, low ISO, low LD rate, and high FB rate is telling me Lough isn't coming around anytime soon. He's not taking advantage of his speed. He's hitting balls poorly on the ground, nothing with authority (see LD%), and most of his balls in play are flyballs...they're weakly hit.

Those are all bat signs together. If he had a high LD% and a low ISO/low BABIP..I'd argue he was poised to snap out of it.

Sounds like Lombardozzi is playing more LF in Norfolk recently.

This is the player to watch, if any, to replace Lough. They do not have him in LF just for grins.

With regard to Peguero - don't forget that he is RH, Lough is LH. That matters. We already have Pearce and Young, and Pearce can't buy an AB after a solid three week stint filling in for Davis. (Lombardozzi is a switch hitter.)

This is the player to watch, if any, to replace Lough. They do not have him in LF just for grins.

With regard to Peguero - don't forget that he is RH, Lough is LH. That matters. We already have Pearce and Young, and Pearce can't buy an AB after a solid three week stint filling in for Davis. (Lombardozzi is a switch hitter.)

Lombardozzi as a left fielder may actually be a worse idea than Peguero. Peguero might OPS .575, but at least he can field. Lombardozzi has a low .600s OPS and appears to have been pressed into service in LF mainly because of short benches and NL double switches with the Nats.

Lombardozzi as a left fielder may actually be a worse idea than Peguero. Peguero might OPS .575, but at least he can field. Lombardozzi has a low .600s OPS and appears to have been pressed into service in LF mainly because of short benches and NL double switches with the Nats.

Not saying I advocate it, but I assume they are putting him there for a reason.

Archived