Orioles will recall RHP Preston Guilmet

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23orioles&src=hash">#orioles</a> will recall RHP Preston Guilmet after optioning LHP T.J. McFarland last night. Interesting cause not long man, but he's the guy</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">May 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting move, call up a guy with AAA closer experience while Tommy is struggling. I wonder if Britton is taking over and Guillmet goes into the mix for Britton's spot. Who is our long man?

Or is this just a temporary move while TJ won't be available for a few days?

He gave up six runs in a third of an inning two appearances ago. Other than that, he's been good.

Yeah-when I read this I thought-I wonder if there was some specific cause for the blown outing? Because he has been really good except for that 1 outing.

Interesting move, call up a guy with AAA closer experience while Tommy is struggling. I wonder if Britton is taking over and Guillmet goes into the mix for Britton's spot. Who is our long man?

Or is this just a temporary move while TJ won't be available for a few days?

All good questions.....I think ideally this guy comes up, puts pressure on Tommy? I doubt he will be that good...but ideally...

And yes, who is the long man....

I love the idea of Britton as a closer. His stuff is nasty.

Nasty or Filthy? or BOTH?

I think if we did a poll right now (...wait for it...wait for it...)...Most would vote Britton or Gausman the closer, and by a large margin.

I think its nothing to read into. Guillmet is just Meek, Brach and Stinson have all had their turn to now it's his. We'll probably just cycle between them with Mac coming up and going down every 10 days as needed. He pretty much has the same role as last year. The things Buck and DD can do with options. As for Britton the only role more valuable than what he's doing now would be if he were a starter.

Nasty or Filthy? or BOTH?

I think if we did a poll right now (...wait for it...wait for it...)...Most would vote Britton or Gausman the closer, and by a large margin.

Gausman needs to be pitching in Norfolk as a starter. We need a tor starter more than a closer.

Archived