High time for Schoop to go down?

LookitsPuck

In 100 PA I seriously doubt there would be much difference between any of them. Weeks, and Dejesus aren't that good at the ML level. Lombo might have better QAB, but none of them are any good defensively. Schoop will be the better hitter of the bunch, but not by much, and Flaherty will be the better fielder.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have mixed feelings about this. Isn't he a little old to go back to AAA? How much more seasoning can he really take? I wonder if it's just time to find out exactly what we have here.

You could send him back to work on plate discipline.

I think the defensive deficiencies of some of these players were particularly crippling when both Hardy and Manny were out. They won't just vanish, of course, now that the left side of the IF is back, but perhaps won't as easily cancel out what is added to the offense. Also, if Lough were delivering we wdn't be feeling so leaden at the plate and on the bases.

I'm a big Flaherty supporter but at this point I can't stand watching this offense any more. I've been banging that drum for a year and it's clear how much the tide has turned on this board. We're all frustrated at this mess. Time for major changes. Schoop needs to go down. I'd no longer complain if Flash went down, too. Jones needs to be no higher than 5th, I'd actively shop Hardy, and DD needs to scourer the earth for a LF with OBP skills.

I'm a big Flaherty supporter but at this point I can't stand watching this offense any more. I've been banging that drum for a year and it's clear how much the tide has turned on this board. We're all frustrated at this mess. Time for major changes. Schoop needs to go down. I'd no longer complain if Flash went down, too. Jones needs to be no higher than 5th, I'd actively shop Hardy, and DD needs to scourer the earth for a LF with OBP skills.

Flaherty doesn't need to go down, he can sit on the bench and wait for an injury. Maybe PH in the 9th if the team needs a dinger and someone like Lough is up.

O's are 10-7 in May. That is a 95 win pace. I would not change anything right now.

The O's have scored 161 runs and allowed 167. They are 23 in MLB in team ops. We're very fortunate to be where we are.

The O's have scored 161 runs and allowed 167. They are 23 in MLB in team ops. We're very fortunate to be where we are.

Then point at the guys that are really the problem. Davis, Jones and Machado are all offensive players that are not hitting up to their own standard.

I watched Cruz cover a big KC leftfield last night and he did pretty well. Maybe the O's need more Cruz in left and less Lough. Pearce at DH might help.

Focusing on 2B to improve the teams offense probably hurts the defense and double plays is one of the things that is helping the pitching improve in May.

Then point at the guys that are really the problem. Davis, Jones and Machado are all offensive players that are not hitting up to their own standard.

I watched Cruz cover a big KC leftfield last night and he did pretty well. Maybe the O's need more Cruz in left and less Lough. Pearce at DH might help.

Focusing on 2B to improve the teams offense probably hurts the defense and double plays is one of the things that is helping the pitching improve in May.

AJ the last 14 days:340 .333 .580 .913 I'll take it.

Lombo is a better option at this time ... He's a better contact hitter and does the little things
Except turn the DP. Just when you're ready to send Schoop down he'll hit another HR, and all will be forgotten for another week.

Archived