We Are Who We Are - a .500 team

brianod

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's still early, but they really need to close out strong the rest of May.

10-8 in May. 12 games remaining in May

2@Pitt- 18-25

4 Vs Cleveland- 19-25

3@ Milwaukee -27-17

4@(1 game is in June) Houston- 16-28

In 12 games the Orioles better go 8-4 or the easy month of May is wasted.

10-8 in May. 12 games remaining in May

2@Pitt- 18-25

4 Vs Cleveland- 19-25

3@ Milwaukee -27-17

4@(1 game is in June) Houston- 16-28

In 12 games the Orioles better go 8-4 or the easy month of May is wasted.

Gotta agree with this, 12 games to do some damage in the standings even if the offense is not there yet.

I don't get how you can say Manny's second half maybe his ceiling. Manny is 22 years old you have to expect him to get better as he makes adjustments and gets stronger. This season he had very little off season and even no spring training. The last 10 games he is hitting over .300 and as he said his timing is coming back.

Slight correction here, manny will not be 22 until July (which further reinforces your point).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People need to calm down and refrain from making dire predictions one way or another after one good/bad game.

The Orioles looked great last night, Davis had a stellar game - it doesn't mean much of anything in the grand scheme of things if the Orioles can't keep it up. This thread was started after the Tigers series - where we got beat by arguably the best team in baseball right now.

It is still too early to make any sweeping predictions: however, I think the rotation is finding its groove of being solid, give-you-a-chance-to-win-most-every-day, type of group. The offense hopefully can find its power stroke and the defense can get back to its usual awesome we will be just fine.

The Orioles may take the AL East by default if we can just remain healthy.

People need to calm down and refrain from making dire predictions one way or another after one good/bad game.

The Orioles looked great last night, Davis had a stellar game - it doesn't mean much of anything in the grand scheme of things if the Orioles can't keep it up. This thread was started after the Tigers series - where we got beat by arguably the best team in baseball right now.

It is still too early to make any sweeping predictions: however, I think the rotation is finding its groove of being solid, give-you-a-chance-to-win-most-every-day, type of group. The offense hopefully can find its power stroke and the defense can get back to its usual awesome we will be just fine.

Wrong, this thread was started after the Kansas City series after they blew the last two games. I considered the Tigers sweep correctable with the switch to Britton. But the Saturday and Sunday losses at KC were really frustrating to me. Special teams find a way to win one of those games.

Wrong, this thread was started after the Kansas City series after they blew the last two games. I considered the Tigers sweep correctable with the switch to Britton. But the Saturday and Sunday losses at KC were really frustrating to me. Special teams find a way to win one of those games.

No they don't, not all the time. "Special teams" lose games like that too. Last year the Red Sox were 21-21 in one run games. In 2012 the Giants were 30-20 in one-run games. The Orioles are 10-4 so far in one-run games. Odds are they are gonna lose another 15 games this season the could end up being as close as that game was.

That is my point, you really don't want to ascribe too much meaning to one or two games this early on. Yes losses are losses, but after it is all said and done the Orioles (and all teams) are going to have a couple dozen games like that where they end up losing. You are going to get your tough losses, all teams get them. Good teams, special teams, don't ascribe to them any more worth than they deserve.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've had Cruz, Jones, Markakis, Machado, Hardy, Schoop, Davis and Wieters all in the same lineup how many times this year? I think it's 0.

I've given up hope on a special season. Bottom line is that our starters are average, we have one failed closer and an unproven closer just promoted that looks promising but was on the scrap heap a couple months ago. Our lead off hitter clogs the bases with his lack of speed and has little if any power. Our outfield defense is below average, when we play Cruz, it is abysmal. Our phenom is off of major knee surgery and is unproven offensively. Our #3 hitter is an overrated defensive player who may just be the worst offensive Oriole player I have ever seen in the clutch. Book is, throw him a slider, outside in the dirt, when the O's need a hit. It seems to work 90% of the time. Our blossoming superstar at first looks like a nice #5 or #6 hitter rather then a stud. Our catcher is hurt. Our all-star ss hasn't hit a homerun all season and has reverted to his injury prone past. Schoop is a nice prospect but is very raw. Flaherty seems to have proven he isn't a starting player.

We are lucky to be over .500. We will have ups and downs all year but this team is not special and will not make the playoffs as currently constructed imho.

Ok Dennis Green. Let's have this discussion in September, not May. I remember having hope in 1988 that it wouldn't take long to be good team again.... this team gives me even more hope.

The tigers were just swept by Cleveland and lost a game in the 13th today after blowing a save in the bottom of the ninth. Just something to think about for those of you ready to bury the orioles based on a frustrating loss or series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, so it goes. We have our ace against Wandy Rodriguez and we lose. That's what .500 teams do. Excite you one night, sh@t the bed the next night. All those expecting a great run may want to rethink it. This team is simply not capable of that run.

On a separate note, Tilman needs rest, something isn't right and he needs rest.

And, so it goes. We have our ace against Wandy Rodriguez and we lose. That's what .500 teams do. Excite you one night, sh@t the bed the next night. All those expecting a great run may want to rethink it. This team is simply not capable of that run.

This is a 81 win team.

If he's not healthy he should tell management so he can go to the DL. Otherwise, it just another excuse. 44 games in the books and we still have inconsistent pitching and hitting. It doesn't bode well for us.

Archived