Three Run Homer

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

(vs. WHITE SOX, 6/24)

2 shutout innings on 16 pitches.

Good enough.

Good enough? How about special. He's been quite .... special. As I said in the GT, I think I've developed a....man crush. :hearts:

He did hit the first batter that he faced on the first pitch that he threw.

Tough love ........ there'll be time enough for countin' (boasting) when the dealin's done. ;)

He did hit the first batter that he faced on the first pitch that he threw.

Tough love ........ there'll be time enough for countin' (boasting) when the dealin's done. ;)

He has a rep as a bit of a soft tosser. That was just to show that he will come inside. Establishing the inner half, baby!

Good enough? How about special. He's been quite....special. As I said in the GT, I think I've developed a....man crush. :hearts:

This has to be one of the more ironic threads in OH history. McFarland has been awesome ever since it was posted, and his ERA is down to 2.81. He's established himself as a very valuable component to this team.

This has to be one of the more ironic threads in OH history. McFarland has been awesome ever since it was posted, and his ERA is down to 2.81. He's

established himself as a very valuable component to this team.

Leave it to a Rule 5 guy to bring out a sense of irony in the board. ;)

(vs. RANGERS, 7/01)

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the 2 runs that were charged to McFarland in the 2nd inning were not his fault.

At the very least, one of those runs (if not both of them) should have been unearned.

Even with that, McFarland's. E.R.A. for the season is still well under 3 (2.84).

When he got more bad luck in the 5th inning from 2 infield singles to lead off the inning, he proceeded to get ahead of Choo in the count (0-2), got him to fly out to leftfield, and then got the next batter to hit into an inning-ending double play.

Roch Kubatko

Yep. Starter.

"Guys like him, there's a fine line," said manager Buck Showalter. "When you're in the dugout and you see the level of the presentation on the pitch, if he's below that area, it's a ball right out of his hand and nobody passes at it. If he's above that area and it's sinking back to the hitting zone, he's going to get whacked a little bit. But if he started in this level and have it appear as a strike and leave the middle of the strike zone, you get a lot of outings like you've gotten here recently.

"He's in a pretty good groove. He's spun the ball enough to slow them down, a couple changeups."

"Having a guy like Mac who can defend himself against right-handed and left-handed hitters is big in the length," Showalter said.

"Extended for him is not like extended for other guys. He threw, what, two-plus innings the other night and threw 20-something pitches. That's efficient. When you've got that pitch that starts in the strike zone and leaves it, you get a lot of ground balls."

"Another thing about Mac. Some guy walks in here with food poisoning or whatever, I can walk around the corner, 'Mac, you're starting. Get your stuff ready.' 'Fine.' He can do that, he can do that."

(vs. RANGERS, 7/01)

In my rat's ass of an opinion, the 2 runs that were charged to McFarland in the 2nd inning were not his fault.

At the very least, one of those runs (if not both of them) should have been unearned.

Even with that, McFarland's. E.R.A. for the season is still well under 3 (2.84).

When he got more bad luck in the 5th inning from 2 infield singles to lead off the inning, he proceeded to get ahead of Choo in the count (0-2), got him to fly out to leftfield, and then got the next batter to hit into an inning-ending double play.

By the way, since SO CAL is in charge of the "Pitcher Today" threads this year, I would like to suggest/request that we use this as his (McFarland's) thread for the rest of the season. :cool:

This has to be one of the more ironic threads in OH history. McFarland has been awesome ever since it was posted, and his ERA is down to 2.81. He's established himself as a very valuable component to this team.

He clearly just needed an ass-kicking to motivate him.

My next thread will be titled "I never want to see Chris Davis in an Orioles uniform again."

He clearly just needed an ass-kicking to motivate him.

My next thread will be titled "I never want to see Chris Davis in an Orioles uniform again."

Please do if it works with the effect this thread has CD might hit 35 HR's after its started lol

Archived