Nats announcers

SteveA

Wow, this is the first time i have sat down and watched a Nats game on TV.

Their announcers are complete buffoons and idiots. I've watched 2 innings and I can't take any more of these guys.

I make fun of Hunter's homerism and Thorn's pronounciation issues, but man, these guys are so terrible.

People can trash announcers all they want because familiarity breeds contempt. But it is not as simple a job as it looks. For all of Hunter and Thorn's faults they are both solid pros at their job. And yes I agree they (and Palmer & co) are better options than what Washington has to offer.

Wow, this is the first time i have sat down and watched a Nats game on TV.

Their announcers are complete buffoons and idiots. I've watched 2 innings and I can't take any more of these guys.

I make fun of Hunter's homerism and Thorn's pronounciation issues, but man, these guys are so terrible.

FP isn't too bad when he's not with Carpenter. Hunter, IMO, is really good on the radio but TV he's just too over the top. Bob Carpenter just sucks. His dramatic pauses, calling curves a "front door" braking ball, to the fact that he has to tell you the MPH of almost every pitch is just too much bad announcing for me to even watch their games for more than an inning.

Archived