Bundy throws 4 perfect innings

BMann

I bet we don't see a drop. It hasn't even been a full year since he had T.J.

Maybe I'm misreading your numbers. I thought the ones you posted were from Bundy's bullpen stint (i.e., when he was healthy) in 2012. If he was averaging 93.7 out of the 'pen, I'd think the average would decrease if he went back to starting...again, once he's fully recovered.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bundy is right on schedule. He said before the season started that his target date for pitching in MiL games was around June 20. I think his velocity is very good for where he is in his rehab program. The rest of this season is about staying healthy and gaining experience in the high minors so he can be positioned to compete for a spot in the rotation next spring. If we see him in the majors this year, it will most likely be as a September call-up pitching a few innings in relief. Before that, he needs to perform well against hitters at the AA/AAA level.

The Cubs may be looking to acquire Dylan Bundy.

What is this supposed to mean? I doubt there is a single team in the MLB that would not at least inquire about the possibility of acquiring Bundy if they were on the phone with DD. Do you mean the Cubs want to acquire Bundy for Jeff Samardzija? Sure they do, but so what?

Maybe I'm misreading your numbers. I thought the ones you posted were from Bundy's bullpen stint (i.e., when he was healthy) in 2012. If he was averaging 93.7 out of the 'pen, I'd think the average would decrease if he went back to starting...again, once he's fully recovered.

No those numbers are from 2012.

What is this supposed to mean? I doubt there is a single team in the MLB that would not at least inquire about the possibility of acquiring Bundy if they were on the phone with DD. Do you mean the Cubs want to acquire Bundy for Jeff Samardzija? Sure they do, but so what?

The projected value of Dylan Bundy in dollars at this point to any team that acquires him is somewhere north of 40 million dollars. He may be worth nothing. You have to assess your risks on this.

Bundy is right on schedule. He said before the season started that his target date for pitching in MiL games was around June 20. I think his velocity is very good for where he is in his rehab program. The rest of this season is about staying healthy and gaining experience in the high minors so he can be positioned to compete for a spot in the rotation next spring. If we see him in the majors this year, it will most likely be as a September call-up pitching a few innings in relief. Before that, he needs to perform well against hitters at the AA/AAA level.

If everything goes right i bet we see Bundy before September.

My friend works with Trevor Bauer and many long tossers.Bundy is about as intense a conditioner as you'll ever see: long toss, weights,stretching. This guy will be in shape and his arm will be ready. I just hope its sooner than later.Like before the ASB.

Or next year is ok for me. He's 21. I think he is a very dedicated young man. I wish him the best.

If Bundy is in this deal it better bring back Jeff Samardzija and Starlin Castro

Yes i know it would take more then Bundy for those 2.

If Bundy is in this deal it better bring back Jeff Samardzija and Starlin Castro

Yes i know it would take more then Bundy for those 2.

Has there actually been any "new" talk about a trade over the last several days? It doesn't look to me like anything's changed since the original report, which, in turn, makes me think that nothing is likely to happen.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Cubs&src=hash">#Cubs</a> scouts will be in attendance at Dylan Bundy's next extended spring training start.</p>? TomLoxas (@TomLoxas) <a href="
">May 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Cub's scout saw this.

Woah....is this legit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there actually been any "new" talk about a trade over the last several days? It doesn't look to me like anything's changed since the original report, which, in turn, makes me think that nothing is likely to happen.

It does not appear that there is anything new except that the Cubs watched him at this outing. Which could mean nothing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Why the Orioles SHOULD NOT go after Jeff Samardzija... <a href="http://t.co/kXBSHp5Xx0">pic.twitter.com/kXBSHp5Xx0</a></p>— Daniel Clark (@DC_TBLDaily) <a href="

">May 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If everything goes right i bet we see Bundy before September.
if he's throwing well and in condition and hitting 94, why wait till September.The kid is a great talent. HE could help us in the pen and stretch put to spot start. God knows Miguel isn't going to pitch deep in games.

Jeez. The guy has thrown a total of 18.1 innings at AA or above in his career, is coming off TJ surgery that has kept him out of competitive games for more than a year, and is 21 years old. Why do people have such unrealistic expectations for the kid? You're not happy enough with the way we've screwed up Gausman?

Archived