What role could Bundy play later this season?

MSBird

How will Bundy contribute?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How will Bundy contribute?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Closer? That would fix two problems.

I'm not sure what you're implying here.

Is Britton a problem at closer? I doubt Bundy could outdo a 1.64 ERA and .97 WHIP

And I don't think there's any reason to believe that Britton is ready to jump back into the rotation

I'm not sure what you're implying here.

Is Britton a problem at closer? I doubt Bundy could outdo a 1.64 ERA and .97 WHIP

And I don't think there's any reason to believe that Britton is ready to jump back into the rotation

There is a big hole in the bullpen where Zach was before. I did not see a guy last evening in the Bronx that is ready for the stress of the ninth inning. Especially down the stretch and in enemy territory. We have now lost more blown saves with Zach Britton than with Tommy Hunter.

There is a big hole in the bullpen where Zach was before. I did not see a guy last evening in the Bronx that is ready for the stress of the ninth inning. Especially down the stretch and in enemy territory. We have now lost more blown saves with Zach Britton than with Tommy Hunter.

What makes you think Bundy can handle the 9th inning any better than Britton? Scouts have raved about Bundy's maturity same as they raved about Manny's and we've seen that Manny is no Dalai Lama.

And if Zach isn't to be trusted in the 9th, how would you feel about putting him in the 8th inning of Game 7 the ALCS in Comerica Park with Kinsler, Cabrera, and Martinez due up?

I think he handles pressure just fine. Very few relievers in baseball have pitched in as many high leverage situations as Zach and even fewer have pitched better than him this year. I also think while he made some mistakes last night, but the result was mostly due to some outstanding at bats by the Yankees.

Probably all true.

What makes you think Bundy can handle the 9th inning any better than Britton? Scouts have raved about Bundy's maturity same as they raved about Manny's and we've seen that Manny is no Dalai Lama.

And if Zach isn't to be trusted in the 9th, how would you feel about putting him in the 8th inning of Game 7 the ALCS in Comerica Park with Kinsler, Cabrera, and Martinez due up?

I think he handles pressure just fine. Very few relievers in baseball have pitched in as many high leverage situations as Zach and even fewer have pitched better than him this year. I also think while he made some mistakes last night, but the result was mostly due to some outstanding at bats by the Yankees.

BTW, am watching him pitch right now, two ks in the first. First k was swinging 93 mph. Ground out for the other out.

I mean the left handed versatile reliever that he was for us before Hunter imploaded.

I'd prefer if everyone was just used as versatile relievers, but the managers are still convinced that rigidly defined roles are for the best. And if you have to trot someone out there for the saves, I'll take a guy with a WHIP under 1, the lowest FB% and highest GB% in the league.

I'm so pumped about Bundy's outing too. Exactly what you want to hear from a guy coming off surgery. I'm anxious to hear what Keith Law thinks about the outing, he's in attendance tonight.

I voted that he would not be called up.

If he is brought up., I don't think that we will see him before September 1st and I do not believe that he will have a significant role.

Bundy needs to get his feet under him and compete for a rotation spot next spring.

I voted that he would not be called up.

If he is brought up., I don't think that we will see him before September 1st and I do not believe that he will have a significant role.

Bundy needs to get his feet under him and compete for a rotation spot next spring.

Ok, I'm going to take the opposite tack you did here.

He will be called up. When he's called up he'll take Jimenez' spot in the rotation (see my thread titled "Send Ubaldo To The Pen" for more). Seriously, do you want him to have a more or less significant role than Jimenez if he proves to be capable come PO time?

Bundy has had his feet under him since HS, this guy is mature beyond his years and the only question is can he pitch now without a significant chance of injuring himself again.

Alright, I'm kinda kidding about him taking Jimenez' spot, but it's intriguing isn't it?

Ok, I'm going to take the opposite tack you did here.

He will be called up. When he's called up he'll take Jimenez' spot in the rotation (see my thread titled "Send Ubaldo To The Pen" for more). Seriously, do you want him to have a more or less significant role than Jimenez if he proves to be capable come PO time?

Bundy has had his feet under him since HS, this guy is mature beyond his years and the only question is can he pitch now without a significant chance of injuring himself again.

Alright, I'm kinda kidding about him taking Jimenez' spot, but it's intriguing isn't it?

Yeah, I certainly don't think Jimenez is going to lose his spot. Buck loves to talk about "track records", and his price tag, the leash is a season (or 4) long. I'm encouraged by Bundy's first two starts, but he's in short season ball right now, not even A ball, so I expect he will look like the next coming of Cy Young against those guys.

Archived