What role could Bundy play later this season?

MSBird

How will Bundy contribute?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How will Bundy contribute?

Yeah, I certainly don't think Jimenez is going to lose his spot. Buck loves to talk about "track records", and his price tag, the leash is a season (or 4) long. I'm encouraged by Bundy's first two starts, but he's in short season ball right now, not even A ball, so I expect he will look like the next coming of Cy Young against those guys.

I did say I was kinda kidding right? Otherwise people would say I've totally lost my mind and I'm already out there saying KG will be our best starter by the end of the season.

One wacko statement at a time.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did say I was kinda kidding right? Otherwise people would say I've totally lost my mind and I'm already out there saying KG will be our best starter by the end of the season.

One wacko statement at a time.

No, I understood you were. I meant yeah, I agree. I'm just tired my man. :)

Ok, I'm going to take the opposite tack you did here.

He will be called up. When he's called up he'll take Jimenez' spot in the rotation (see my thread titled "Send Ubaldo To The Pen" for more). Seriously, do you want him to have a more or less significant role than Jimenez if he proves to be capable come PO time?

Bundy has had his feet under him since HS, this guy is mature beyond his years and the only question is can he pitch now without a significant chance of injuring himself again.

Alright, I'm kinda kidding about him taking Jimenez' spot, but it's intriguing isn't it?

It is an intriguing option for sure.

With that said, I really don't think that it's that vital to have Bundy in Baltimore this summer, even with the Orioles in a hunt for the playoffs.

IMO, one of the contributing factors to his injury was his overuse in high school. I'm not worried about Bundy's mental approach to the game, I just think that he is most likely on a hard innings thrown and pitch count this summer. I'd rather have him gearing up to be a part of the rotation next season than a part of the bullpen later this season.

It is an intriguing option for sure.

I'd rather have him gearing up to be a part of the rotation next season than a part of the bullpen later this season.

Well, the intriguing option I laid out was for him to replace someone in the starting rotation, not to take a place in the BP.

That has been done to death. Bo-o--o-ring.

No, and again, I'm kidding. It's only slight crazy because with Bundy it seems possible.

In 2015 the game changes though. Look out Ubaldo. Look out whomever, the new kids are in town and they mean business.

Well, the intriguing option I laid out was for him to replace someone in the starting rotation, not to take a place in the BP.

That has been done to death. Bo-o--o-ring.

No, and again, I'm kidding. It's only slight crazy because with Bundy it seems possible.

In 2015 the game changes though. Look out Ubaldo. Look out whomever, the new kids are in town and they mean business.

I know what you were implying. Bundy being in the rotation at some point this season is intruiging. I think that he will more than likely to be in the pen come September.

However, If Bundy were to take someone's spot in the roation this season, I would have him replace Gonzalez. I doubt if this happens, but I don't think I'd put Jimenez in a bullpen role with his obvious command issues. Overall, i think that Gonzalez' stuff plays out better in the pen than Jimenez.

The game does change in 2015. I'd love to see both Bundy and Gausman on the opening day roster and in the rotation.

There is a big hole in the bullpen where Zach was before. I did not see a guy last evening in the Bronx that is ready for the stress of the ninth inning. Especially down the stretch and in enemy territory. We have now lost more blown saves with Zach Britton than with Tommy Hunter.

I know you have watched all of these games so how can you make this statement? Hunter was an absolute mess every game he came into. Not a single 1-2-3 inning but somehow managed to blow only two games. Britton was pretty much the opposite. Dominant in just about every outing. The first blown save was fluky and Friday night he was not good agreed.

I am no where near coming to the conclusion that Britton is not "ready for the stress of the ninth inning." Britton is a STUD. 95mph sinker and I am glad he is our closer. I hope he gets a save chance today.

I know you have watched all of these games so how can you make this statement? Hunter was an absolute mess every game he came into. Not a single 1-2-3 inning but somehow managed to blow only two games. Britton was pretty much the opposite. Dominant in just about every outing. The first blown save was fluky and Friday night he was not good agreed.

I am no where near coming to the conclusion that Britton is not "ready for the stress of the ninth inning." Britton is a STUD. 95mph sinker and I am glad he is our closer. I hope he gets a save chance today.

I like Britton a lot. He really did not look like a game time closer in the Bronx. I'd like us to get a closer.

I like Britton a lot. He really did not look like a game time closer in the Bronx. I'd like us to get a closer.

I am not ready to come to that conclusion after one game. I guess I see what you are saying though. You like him in the role he was before. I will give you that. He was good excellent there too and perhaps just as valuable.

I am not ready to come to that conclusion after one game. I guess I see what you are saying though. You like him in the role he was before. I will give you that. He was good excellent there too and perhaps just as valuable.

I feel removing him from that versatile role has caused a myriad of issues for our pen.

One of the very few times we disagree.

For me, Britton is the guy. I would like to see him mix in a slider or two occasionally, but his sinker moves so much. When it's on, and it usually is, it's one of the best pitches in baseball.

A lot of his great statistics that we keep harkening to came while in that role as well.

One of the very few times we disagree.

For me, Britton is the guy. I would like to see him mix in a slider or two occasionally, but his sinker moves so much. When it's on, and it usually is, it's one of the best pitches in baseball.

I am fine with the disagreement. I just happened to be there on Friday.

I am fine with the disagreement. I just happened to be there on Friday.

With a mercenary closer, Zach could be used as an uber-reliever...even in the ninth when it was appropriate. He has now been tested there and knows what that is like. He looked really bad in the Bronx. Star Struck in that role.

Archived