Say It Aint So But it Looked to me Like Markakis was loafing on both that triple and double!

Old#5fan

Then he needs to get in better shape as he is being well paid not to be able to run faster than that. That was ridiculous. He looked as slow or slower than a middle aged man in a beer drinker slow pitch softball league.

It ain't so. He's just so slow.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It ain't so. He's just so slow.

Yup. I didn't see the double, but I saw the triple. I don't know that I've seen a ball hit with that much hang time that wasn't even close to being caught. And it was very costly. And Jones doesn't make up for Markakis' lack of pure speed.

The situation is what it is. It ain't gonna get better. Nick catches what he can and has good coordination, but he's just really slow.

I don't know, it looked like little effort to me. In other words, I will do the minimum to make it look like I tried effort.

Markakis goes 4 for 6 tonight and you still find some reason to complain. The lack of hustle rany sounds like some notion perceived by a prejudiced mind.

slow-run-o.gif

OMG, that clip looks almost exactly how he was running, almost like he was going in s-l-o-w motion. I still cannot believe what I was seeing from him. It almost looked like he was trying to run slow for some reason, which to me at least, has to equate to loafing. J J. Hardy is slow, but at least he looks like he is trying to run hard, but just can't do it, sort of like Brooks always looked.

I mean he is slow looking running the bases as well, especially to first base, but not that damn slow! He almost reminded me of the old Baltimore Colt Band Drum Major the way he would lope across the field during halftime shows - the only difference is the Drum Major took gigantic steps! If he isn't loafing as most seem to think, what is the possible explanation for him becoming Matt Wieters like slow now???:confused::scratchchinhmm:

Yup. I didn't see the double, but I saw the triple. I don't know that I've seen a ball hit with that much hang time that wasn't even close to being caught. And it was very costly. And Jones doesn't make up for Markakis' lack of pure speed.

The situation is what it is. It ain't gonna get better. Nick catches what he can and has good coordination, but he's just really slow.

He's suddenly pushing Gus Triandos slow. You could have almost taken a cat nap it took him so long to even approach that "triple." He gave up 25 feet before it hit the ground.

Archived