Losing 3 of 4 to the Worst Team in Baseball

Camden_yardbird

I'm the one that wanted to crush their dreams in the four game series.

They can be dangerous.

I don't think a wild card is coming out of the east and I don't think they can run down all four teams.

I agree its very unlikely. If they get one of those runs like last season, they will be dangerous for sure. I was hoping they would be 20 games out by now, and ready to trade Price, but it looks like they are climbing the ladder bit by bit. It bothers me, they do have some talent.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's looking more and more like the O's would/will have to win the division to make the playoffs.

I'd guess that is the only way an AL East team makes the playoffs. No wildcard from the East this year, IMO.

I agree its very unlikely. If they get one of those runs like last season, they will be dangerous for sure. I was hoping they would be 20 games out by now, and ready to trade Price, but it looks like they are climbing the ladder bit by bit. It bothers me, they do have some talent.

On the bright side...

Boston is only...

one and a half games out of...

Last.

o

The Tigers had won 11 out of 13 games heading into this weekend, including a sweep of the Major League-best Athletics ........ until they ran into the Rays.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/det/detroit-tigers

Now, they lost the first 2 games of the series on their homefield, and are trying to avoid getting swept in tonight's nationally-televised game in southeastern Michigan.

o

The Tigers had won 11 out of 13 games heading into this weekend, including a sweep of the Major League-best Athletics ........ until they ran into the Rays.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/det/detroit-tigers

Now, they lost the first 2 games of the series on their homefield, and are trying to avoid getting swept in tonight's nationally-televised game in southeastern Michigan.

Sweep completed.

David Price went 8.67 innings in a 7-3 Rays victory.

How does a World Series contender like Detroit get swept by the worst team in baseball?
1. Tampa's not that bad.

2. Any team can sweep any other team in a three game series.

I think that he was being facetious, Frank.

1. Tampa's not that bad.

2. Any team can sweep any other team in a three game series.

Another great article by ESPN did they not realize it was a 4 game series and the Tigers won the first game of the series. I guees they only go back two games at a time.

Another great article by ESPN did they not realize it was a 4 game series and the Tigers won the first game of the series. I guess they only go back two games at a time.

Oh, that was my mistake.

I was the one who failed to go back more than 3 games.

Sorry.

I know fans get tired of hearing Buck and the players talk about the "grind" of the season but there may not be a better way to describe a 162 game season. One game, one series, one week does not a season make.

I guess it doesn't matter how much we hear it, there will always panic, sky is falling type thread when we lose a series or whatever. Also, there's overreaction on the positive side of the ledger. Just because we're playing good baseball lately doesn't guarantee anything.

There will be peaks and valleys over the next 70 games. The key is to try to extend the peaks and shorten the valleys. Just stay focused on the game in front of you and keep winning as many series as possible. Do that and we'll be playing in October.

Archived