Orioles Trade Targets?

Nite

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cespedes has had some big games against the O's. Not wild about having to face him all the time now. But I guess I'd rather face him than Lester, even if we've hit him well recently.

If all goes well, we will still get to see Lester in the ALCS.

Very surprised. Rumors suggested that Boston would get more for Lester. I wonder if they were focused on getting a position player the whole time? If so, then it's understandable that they couldn't match up with the O's. The O's have no ML ready position players to give away. Anyway, very surprising. Cespedes is a good player, but he's 28 (I know that he's Cuban defector so the age is probably less relevant/ or at least harder to evaluate). Very surprising.

Very surprised. Rumors suggested that Boston would get more for Lester. I wonder if they were focused on getting a position player the whole time? If so, then it's understandable that they couldn't match up with the O's. The O's have no ML ready position players to give away. Anyway, very surprising. Cespedes is a good player, but he's 28 (I know that he's Cuban defector so the age is probably less relevant/ or at least harder to evaluate). Very surprising.

Boston thinks they can contend next season.

Boston thinks they can contend next season.

I'm sure they do. It's still surprising that they weren't able to get a better haul. Although I guess what you are saying is that they are not really interested in prospects or very young players? That is weird. Seems like a Philly type move. I would have used Lester to bring in some high quality prospects that are close to being ready.

I, of course, hope the trade doesn't work out for either of them. I hope Lester goes into a funk and sucks and that Cespedes is terrible in Boston. :)

I'm sure they do. It's still surprising that they weren't able to get a better haul. Although I guess what you are saying is that they are not really interested in prospects or very young players? That is weird. Seems like a Philly type move. I would have used Lester to bring in some high quality prospects that are close to being ready.

I, of course, hope the trade doesn't work out for either of them. I hope Lester goes into a funk and sucks and that Cespedes is terrible in Boston. :)

They got the competitive balance pick from Oakland as well.

Hader is doing really well for them so I think there is a positive trade history between the O's and Stro's and really want to see this happen. They want a position prospect this time, which we don't have a lot of - Schoop, Walker, and Yaz are really all we got. Maybe a 3rd team gets involved, using Gonzalez as the other piece to obtain the position prospect. I really want Keuchel on this team... hope it happens, and our Big 3 are 100% safe especially with the injury to Harvey. I like Brault too.

I think what Boston and Philly is finding out is that you can ask for whatever you want, but the buyer also determines the market price. And their just isn't anyone out there willing to pay what you think these guys are "worth." But unlike the Phillies with Hamels or the Rays with Price, Boston basically had to move Lester, so they had to settle for what Lester was actually worth.

Archived