Blue Jays claim Nolan Reimold

xian4

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really should have bet more against those folks that thought reimold would go unclaimed. Out of all the 29 teams that he could go to this is basically the worst case scenario for us.

Actually, if he plays like he did last year this is great news for the Os.

True.

However the odds of him outperforming Pearce or Young from this point in the season are a lot more reasonable.

I don't think they are that good. I'd guess Pearce and Young come down to earth but still beat Reimold. It's no sure thing but I see no reason to change horses.

Except he doesn't.

Trivia, which player has been worth more WAR in their major league careers. Answer: Nolan Reimold with 2.7 (Young has 2.3).

Sure, Young has a longer career and has been more healthy. But Reimold has a higher career OPS (.766 to .741), a higher OBP (.327 to .317), and Reimold has a better career best OPS too (.831 to .826).

Reimold actually walks from time to time, which is a niche not filled on our team right now. Young fits right in by rarely walking.

Young has a higher WAR for this year than Reimold has total WAR over the past 5 years. Reimold is awful in the field and is always injured. I have no idea why anyone wants him on the team.

Edit.. In case anyone didn't know. Nolan's total WAR the past five seasons is zero. Why are we even arguing about this?

And the odds of Reimold getting injured again before the season's done are just as high, if not higher.

But "Journey fan" you are forgetting one thing...

"You can't stop believing" :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said look at the stats.

Three out of five years he eclipsed the mark.

Those are the stats.

Go look at them.

Yep - you go ahead and look at the older stats, I'll focus on the recent ones. I'm guessing you are a big Brian Roberts fan?

Are we all talking about the same Nolan Reimold? He has no defensive value. He can't stay healthy. He is redundant on this team. He has played 3/4 season of good baseball. He's 30 (or 31). Seems everyone is holding on tightly to the guy that outplayed Felix Pie but was sent to the minors. Even if he plays like Steve Pearce has played the first half of the season it was likely not happening here. He is redundant (redundancy for effect).

Sure glad Lough was on the team today. :-)

Another point about Reimold - the O's know what they have here. They have the benefit of seeing every moment of his recovery this year. If they thought he was better than someone else, he would be on the team. Might they be wrong? Sure. But the guys they have are doing fine.

Here's a (not so) Bold Prediction: Reimold will have no (positive) impact whatsoever on the Jays' pursuit of a playoff berth this season. IMO, he's a non-issue going forward.

CoC, I am so certain of the preceding that, if proven wrong by time/healthy production, I'll defer to your position in an argument of your choosing upon seeing #Nolan.

Until then, though... ::yawn::

Archived