vs. Mariners 7/27

weams

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Heads-up play for Cruz NOT trying to tag up and go to 3rd base.

If he had gotten thrown out trying for 3rd base, and the tag was applied to Cruz a split second before Jones had touched home plate, the run would not have counted.

Jones is fast and Cruz is slow, so it's not likely that Jones would not have touched home plate before Cruz being tagged in that situation, but I'd still rather not have tempted fate.

I like to think that three of our hitters did right things to start the inning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. But getting major runs in with nobody out is the particular skill I was referencing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ooo

If he had gotten thrown out trying for 3rd base, and the tag was applied to Cruz a split second before Jones had touched home plate, the run would not have counted.

That's true. Okay ZB, throw strikes, get ahead, keep the ball in this ballpark. Get the first batter, no drama is required, we'll take three quick outs.

o

Jones is fast and Cruz is slow, so it's not likely that Jones would not have touched home plate before Cruz being tagged in that situation, but I'd still rather not have tempted fate.

Adam was casually jogging home... because he could. I still think that on that play your scenario is unlikely, I am guessing maybe Nelson went half way so he could go home easily if the ball hit off their CF's glove or something. But I don't know.

Archived