Henry Urrutia (DFA)

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Henry Urrutia has consecutive three-hit games and has hit .364 (8-22) in five games since returning from the disabled list on July 27.</p>— Tides Notes (@TidesNotes) <a href="

">August 2, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am continually amazed at the HR obsession. It would be nice to get a couple of guys with high OBP and can drive in a run or hit a sac fly. The O's HR hitters have not been great delivering in those situations, too many K's. I don't know if Urrutia is that guy, but it might be nice.

Can he play 2b? Can we get one of the 20 2nd baseman at Norfolk a looksee already? Geesh...it isn't depth at this point, it's gluttony

Are all the second basemen in the minors just horrible defenders? At least Lombordozzi can hit a little. Anything is better than the sure Ks of Schoop.

Are all the second basemen in the minors just horrible defenders? At least Lombordozzi can hit a little. Anything is better than the sure Ks of Schoop.

A hit or two a week. Many times with two out and the bases empty.

I don't think Schoop or Flaherty are terrible players but I do think their struggles warrant some fresh blood in Dejesus, Weeks, Lombo or Paeredes. Heck, haven't even mentioned Cord Phelps. Enough already...

I don't think Schoop or Flaherty are terrible players but I do think their struggles warrant some fresh blood in Dejesus, Weeks, Lombo or Paeredes. Heck, haven't even mentioned Cord Phelps. Enough already...

Paredes. Keep that name handy.

Lombardozzi is hitting .269 with an OBP of .323 in Norfolk this year. Weeks is hitting .279 with a .394 OBP in Norfolk. Why arent either of these two guys up here?

Because those numbers are not good? They equate to .220(BA) and .290 (OBP) in the majors? Well, maybe not Weeks. And besides, I would swap him and Schoop for a week to see if it made a difference for either.

I am continually amazed at the HR obsession. It would be nice to get a couple of guys with high OBP and can drive in a run or hit a sac fly. The O's HR hitters have not been great delivering in those situations, too many K's. I don't know if Urrutia is that guy, but it might be nice.

His OBP right now, in AAA, is 273.

He's slugging 327.

Lombardozzi is hitting .269 with an OBP of .323 in Norfolk this year. Weeks is hitting .279 with a .394 OBP in Norfolk. Why arent either of these two guys up here?

It has to be because he's a poor/horrible defender. Even if he's just an average defender it's insane to not Weeks a shot at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived