Henry Urrutia (DFA)

weams

It has to be because he's a poor/horrible defender. Even if he's just an average defender it's insane to not Weeks a shot at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A hit or two a week may not make up for the missing Middle Linebacker.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A hit or two a week may not make up for the missing Middle Linebacker.

Can you explain your comment there? BUt a hit or two a week more, and a walk or two a week more could make it NOT an automatic out. Or even moving a runner over instead of striking out. Its just that every time Schoop comes up with RISP he k's.

Because those numbers are not good? They equate to .220(BA) and .290 (OBP) in the majors? Well, maybe not Weeks. And besides, I would swap him and Schoop for a week to see if it made a difference for either.

Lombo posted an OPS over .600 each of his last two seasons with the Gnats hitting .273 and .259. I just cant stand all the strikeouts when it comes time to move runners around. Sorry probably beating a dead horse or at least a barely breathing one.

Can you explain your comment there? BUt a hit or two a week more, and a walk or two a week more could make it NOT an automatic out. Or even moving a runner over instead of striking out. Its just that every time Schoop comes up with RISP he k's.

For some reason, the press seems to think that Jonathan standing in at second base with his great size and agility is responsible for a couple double plays a week and a few week slides as well. They seem to think it is worth more in run preservation than the hit would have influence over creation.

Lombo posted an OPS over .600 each of his last two seasons with the Gnats hitting .273 and .259. I just cant stand all the strikeouts when it comes time to move runners around. Sorry probably beating a dead horse or at least a barely breathing one.

No no. I can't STAND having Schoop. I never wanted Schoop this year. Just like some medications, it may be good for me.

Do you realize how bad a .600 OPS is?

I doubt he sees Baltimore this year.

At best he would be getting a few ABs vs RHPs in September. But Clevenger, Berry, and Walker all look more deserving of those ABs right now.

I believe that Clevenger is the only one on the 40. I'm sure we'll see him, but maybe Henry comes up too.

• 4 months later...

I don't see Urrutia being dropped at this point. With the signing of Young the DH role is filled with Young/Pearce/Wieters. Lavarnway doesn't not have the skills to catch for Buck and there is no room for him to DH. And he is out for options.

I see Lavarnway getting waived in hopes they can outright him to AAA.

I don't see Urrutia being dropped at this point. With the signing of Young the DH role is filled with Young/Pearce/Wieters. Lavarnway doesn't not have the skills to catch for Buck and there is no room for him to DH. And he is out for options.

I see Lavarnway getting waived in hopes they can outright him to AAA.

Who would claim Urrutia?

Who would claim Urrutia?

Good question. I have no idea. But he has options. Cubans have quite a reputation these days. I hear he has improved in the outfield which gives him a position. Lavarnway is a DH. Not that good at catching or 1B from what I have read. And Lavarnway is out of options.

Archived