Dooooook Loooooses

Pedro Cerrano

All i need to know about how dominant they have been is how excited people because they lose 1 game....It is quite funny actually.

What a game tonight...Singletary and Reynolds have to be the best backcourt in the country.

Singletary is too good for his teammates. They just don't catch his passes.

McRoberts should have gone glass in regulation to end the game..That wasn't a smart play. Dukes inability to get to the line hurt them tonight.

So, Duke will be 6-3 going into their tough stretch of UNC and at MD and BC.

I think you're right about UVA's backcourt, those guys are really something. Duke had the right game plan, they weren't going to run with Virginia, but it just didn't work out for them. I was more impressed with Duke tonight than I've been all year.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't watch the game, but I didn't expect Duke to win this one. Gotta give them credit for making it as close as it was. I think UVa is very underrated.

I agree, Duke played well tonight, I was impressed. They'll win a lot of games if they play that way the rest of the year. They're just not athletic enough right now to run and gun, so if they can get Carolina to play their game, we could be in for a game next week. I wouldn't have said that before tonight.

My effect on Duke this season is amazing. I have watched 3 of their games this year and they have lost them all. I really have not been impressed with them until last night. I still think thay are overrated but Paulus played way better than he was earlier in the year. If Coach K was not the coach they would probably be in trouble of the next few weeks, but he usually gets his team playing to thier talent level. I can see them falling back to around 500 in the league over the next few weeks, but that may not be the most objective view. I think FSU causes Duke trouble this weekend so it is really not out of the question for them to lose the next three. Then for SG's benefit we would be able to start a how long until coach K's back goes out thread.:D

It amazes me how much you guys underrate this Duke team.

How did I underrate them? I said that they would probably play better than I hoped. Coach K is a good coach and they have talent. They are a decent team, not anywhere near what they have been but they lilely will end up 10-6 or 11-5 in the conference. I hope the end up 9-7 or 8-8 because it would mean that the terps atleast split with them and probably took both games (which I have a hard time objectively picking MD to when either).

It would be fun to watch you defend them has a bubble team I have to admit. BTW they do have a very tough schedule from here on out, wouldn't you agree?

How did I underrate them? I said that they would probably play better than I hoped. Coach K is a good coach and they have talent. They are a decent team, not anywhere near what they have been but they lilely will end up 10-6 or 11-5 in the conference. I hope the end up 9-7 or 8-8 because it would mean that the terps atleast split with them and probably took both games (which I have a hard time objectively picking MD to when either).

It would be fun to watch you defend them has a bubble team I have to admit. BTW they do have a very tough schedule from here on out, wouldn't you agree?

Yes and no.

They have 3 home games against FSU, GT and MD and one on the road versus St Johns...That should be 4 wins there.

They have UNC twice and i am hoping for a split.

At MD, Clemson and BC could go either way. MD is inconsistent, BC hasn't looked great since Williams and McClain went down and Clemson is coming back to earth.

So, i guess it depends on how those 3 are playing.

To me, i look at the 2 games versus UNC as the obvious 2 hardest and the rest of the games could be easy or difficult. To much inconsistency and unknowns with alot of these teams right now.

I was more impressed last night with them than I have been. Their problem is they don't have a go to scorer down the stretch, and that was a huge issue last night in the last few minutes. McRoberts is a good player, but not a "last minute" kind of guy.

I was more impressed last night with them than I have been. Their problem is they don't have a go to scorer down the stretch, and that was a huge issue last night in the last few minutes. McRoberts is a good player, but not a "last minute" kind of guy.

The big guy from VA at the end of the game really shut in down. I thought McRoberts was more atheletic than he showed. The guy from VA looked like a better version of Will Bowers.

The big guy from VA at the end of the game really shut in down. I thought McRoberts was more atheletic than he showed. The guy from VA looked like a better version of Will Bowers.
I didn't see the game, but are you talking about Cain? Cain, despite looking like a date-rapist, is actually a pretty solid player, way better than Will Bowers.

They should have McRoberts doing more at the top of the key and taking Cain off the dribble, like he did for the final play.

But you are right, this is Duke's weakness this year. Really, the guy who should be doing this is Henderson but he isn't quite ready yet. Nelson can do it as well but his size hurts him when he gets down low at times.

Thomas is really starting to assert himself and Henderson is beginning to as well. When they are on the court, Duke is much more athletic. You have those 2, Nelson and McRoberts on the court and that is more athleticism than Duke has had in a long time.

I disagree with this...They don't have enough inside.

Duke is and will end up being better than them.

Me too, I think Duke played them very tough and probably should have won that game.

UVa doesn't have enough fire power to be he second best team, IMO. Their gaurds have to be good every game in order for them to compete. That is a lot to ask.

Archived