Dooooook Loooooses

Pedro Cerrano

Me too, I think Duke played them very tough and probably should have won that game.

UVa doesn't have enough fire power to be he second best team, IMO. Their gaurds have to be good every game in order for them to compete. That is a lot to ask.

Completely agree. I'm pretty sure I'm the only UVa fan who posts on here, along with all the Terp fans, the Duke fan (you know who), and a couple Carolina fans (beaner and ND most notably).

I try not to get too excited, even though this is an unbelievable time to be a UVa basketball fan. We haven't really even sniffed the tournament since 2002, and haven't been since 2001, so this season has been really exciting (minus the Puerto Rico disaster).

Anyways, I agree that there is no way we are the second best team in the ACC. I would say that Duke and BC (even without Williams) are definitely better than us, and VT, FSU, Clemson and Maryland are all in the same boat. Duke is more talented, we got lucky to beat them and we had them at home, we needed an unhumanly clutch performance from SS and could've lost on the McRoberts shot at the end of regulation or the Paulus 3 in OT. We also needed a 15 point comeback in the last 4 minutes at Clemson (more of a collapse then a comeback if you ask me, although I certainly took it). All that being said, I still see no reason why we can't finish second or third in the ACC and here is why:

at Maryland

at Virginia Tech

vs Longwood (why???)

vs Florida State

at Miami

vs Georgia Tech

vs Virginia Tech

at Wake Forest

Not counting the stupid Longwood game, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't go 5-2, maybe 4-3 at the worst.

4-3 puts us at 11-5 in the conference. Even 3-4 gives us 10 wins in the conference.

Now while we certainly aren't the second best team in the conference, it doesn't mean that we won't finish second or third.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived