Who is your MVO? (Update: Cruz wins MVO)

Moose Milligan

Who is the MVO?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the MVO?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tillman has been great, but there was a part of the season where he was terrible.

Jones, Cruz, O'Day, Britton, and Pearce have all been much more consistent than Tillman.

There was a large part of the season where Cruz was awful too. Pearce has had slumps, just like Jones. Britton has blown a few games. O'Day has been dominant, but Tillman has pitched much more.

There was a large part of the season where Cruz was awful too. Pearce has had slumps, just like Jones. Britton has blown a few games. O'Day has been dominant, but Tillman has pitched much more.

True. IMO though, they have all been more consistent than Tillman (Tillman had an ERA of 5.68 in 7 May starts). I think their highs have been higher than Tillman's too this this year.

Tillman would be in my top 5, just not my top 3.

To me, Jones is the MVP. He plays an important defensive position, is one of the best hitters on the team, and never takes a day off. Cruz has been a bit more valuable on offense than Jones, IMO, but he doesn't provide the defensive value that Jones does.

To me, Jones is the MVP. He plays an important defensive position, is one of the best hitters on the team, and never takes a day off. Cruz has been a bit more valuable on offense than Jones, IMO, but he doesn't provide the defensive value that Jones does.

Interesting that UZR loves his defense so much this year, it usually doesn't. DRS still doesn't like him much though. Traditionally they both don't like him much at all. I wonder if it ends up just being a sample size fluke or if he actually made some adjustment I'm not seeing.

EDIT: I stand corrected, his DRS is now positive too. Though UZR has him being more valuable.

Interesting that UZR loves his defense so much this year, it usually doesn't. DRS still doesn't like him much though. Traditionally they both don't like him much at all. I wonder if it ends up just being a sample size fluke or if he actually made some adjustment I'm not seeing.

EDIT: I stand corrected, his DRS is now positive too. Though UZR has him being more valuable.

Just based on the eye test, I think this has been Jones' best defensive year since his rookie season. Fewer careless mistakes, many strong throws, not too many balls over his head. I think he's shown better intensity this year defensively, instead of trying to look smooth out there

Archived