Orioles trade for Kelly Johnson and Michael Almanzar

furryburres

Ok. But him being on the 40 man is. Just call and ask! :)

I believe this is accurate. I think he has to be placed on the 40 man immediately. Then, the Orioles have a certain amount of time to assign, waive, option (whatever you want to call it) somewhere.

I suppose it's possible the Orioles don't have to put him on the active roster until 'Sept call up' time, which is a good reason to make these deals at just the right time. That would mean Johnson doesn't have to be playoff eligible unless the Orioles want him to be.

I could be wrong...... :eek:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe this is accurate. I think he has to be placed on the 40 man immediately. Then, the Orioles have a certain amount of time to assign, waive, option (whatever you want to call it) somewhere.

I suppose it's possible the Orioles don't have to put him on the active roster until 'Sept call up' time, which is a good reason to make these deals at just the right time. That would mean Johnson doesn't have to be playoff eligible unless the Orioles want him to be.

I could be wrong...... :eek:

No. You are exactly right on all of these points.

"We thought it was important to continue to add major league players that can help us in September and also be eligible for the postseason when we advance."

Dan

Yea, good catch. Heard him say that last night and I a little fist pump, right thinking dan!

Archived