Orioles trade for Kelly Johnson and Michael Almanzar

furryburres

Did anyone catch Dan say that Johnson may not be on the club by tomorrow? That was weird.

I do not think they acquired Johnson to be a guy they use in the playoffs. They may try to get him on the roster to keep the option open but my guess is that he is primarily just some veteran depth

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not think they acquired Johnson to be a guy they use in the playoffs. They may try to get him on the roster to keep the option open but my guess is that he is primarily just some veteran depth

This is my line of thinking as well. Johnson is just insurance. But if everyone is healthy heading into October, Johnson gets left off the roster.

My guess is that his primary role is that of insurance lol

Since he can play multiple positions he just gives you another layer of insurance and a veteran bat to give some guys a blow if we wrap this thing up early

Maybe he'll be an option at 3b. Paredes looks good, but who knows.

I understand the deAza trade, but didn't particularly like giving up Blackmar. Even thought they gave up two guys who wouldn't be here next year anyway, the trade for Johnson makes little sense except maybe to satisfy Buck's obsession with veteran players. And what the heck is it with Almanazar? I guess someone like him.

I understand the deAza trade, but didn't particularly like giving up Blackmar. Even thought they gave up two guys who wouldn't be here next year anyway, the trade for Johnson makes little sense except maybe to satisfy Buck's obsession with veteran players. And what the heck is it with Almanazar? I guess someone like him.

Outside of Davis we have no left handed pop. We didn't need Johnson but he is nice depth.

Johnson should be an upgrade over Flaherty at 2B. He can help in Sept, he's got power and seems to play a decent 2B, so I'm told.

Yeah, he has an obsession with veterans, which explains why he put Machado at a brand new position as a 20 year old in a pennant race. Schoop out there everyday at 2B despite being overmatached much of the year at the plate and why he has stuck with Joseph over Hundley for most of the year....this is about deep depth.

Archived