vs. RED SOX, 9/08

OFFNY

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• They traded a fair bit of depth out of the farm after June.
    • I mean kinda, but everything you list was known in June and going into the playoffs.  None of that is new.  I hoped for Adley and Gunnar to be 1st half versions of themselves but feared they would not be.  Mayo and Holliday glow was already dimmed.  Etc etc.
    • I am concerned by guys like Gunnar.  That crap show he put on for a good three weeks where he threw EVERYTHING away was insane.  That was right at the time of the collapse.  Adley was sucking.  Gunnar was mega sucking.  It all was hell.  And it never got any better.  Gunnar only got like ten home runs in the second half of the season.  The suck was off the charts.  
    • It's not the exact same reason. Adley and Gunnar have a year of team control gone. Means is gone and Bradish will probably miss the 2025 season. Mayo and Holliday have lost that new prospect glow. The farm system is significantly weaker.
    • Well, it's been 4 decades actually.  And I really can't tell you or anyone else how to be a fan.  But my gut says that if you made it this far, you're gonna be ok.  These last two years have been hard, but they have been pretty special too.  I do not want to return to the dark ages of having the Yankees and Red Sox fans own our stadium and our team.  I know you hurt, we all do.  But you're gonna be fine.  Now the Orioles?  Well, I hope so.  Lol.
    • It is but for the exact same reason we were nervous going into the playoffs.  Everything about the team was different after June.  We literally expected win every series and usually did...and then it stopped.  And for awhile we focused on all of the injuries, but then even the people still here at times stunk.   The question is can they get it back.  I think they can, but even if we never know what happened or not, the team needs to figure it out.  And yes, for us...it will be hard to expect something different until we see it.  I mean, if we win 101 games and take the East, I expect many to still be nervous even if we have a MVP, ROY, CY Young all playing for the home team.
    • What is unsettling to me is in how much better a position the team appeared to be in last year at this (approximate) time.
  • Popular Contributors