Chris Davis tested positive for amphetamines. (25 Game Ban)

OriolesManiac88

Why did he do it?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Why did he do it?

• ADHD
    • Performance

I am assuming those violations carry over from one year to the next so if you had one say 2yrs ago and then one now, this would still be the second.

Not sure how that works though.

I'm going on that assumption as well because that's how it works for PEDs. But who knows? I suppose it could be different for amphetamines?? I tend to think they would carry over though.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davis cost himself $1M+ with this suspension. Guess he decided the Orioles needed the payroll relief and with Steve Pearce healthy this was the best way to be a team player.

I'd guess it's a heck of a lot more than $1M. I assume a common negotiating position with regards to his future salaries would be something along the lines of "well, the difference between Aderall Chris Davis and regular Chris Davis is like .300 points of OPS, you don't have an exemption, so how does 1/5 sound?" I guess everyone wouldn't take that tack, but we're a long, long way from wondering if he'd accept something like 5/100.

I'd guess it's a heck of a lot more than $1M. I assume a common negotiating position with regards to his future salaries would be something along the lines of "well, the difference between Aderall Chris Davis and regular Chris Davis is like .300 points of OPS, you don't have an exemption, so how does 1/5 sound?" I guess everyone wouldn't take that tack, but we're a long, long way from wondering if he'd accept something like 5/100.

If he didn't have an exemption in 2013 then that isn't accurate.

I do agree with the general idea that he cost himself a great deal of money. I suggested at least 10 million earlier.

He didn't think he needed it.

He evidently didn't use them last season and look what he did.

That's part of the question, though, isn't it? (i.e., when did the first violation occur? If it occurred last season, then he evidently did think he needed it. If both occurred this season, different story)

If he didn't have an exemption in 2013 then that isn't accurate.

I do agree with the general idea that he cost himself a great deal of money. I suggested at least 10 million earlier.

Yea, it was unclear whether he'd had the exemption last year. Obviously things would be quite a bit different if he was Babe Ruth without the greenies.

Please provide evidence supporting this statement.

Thank you.

Obviously, this isn't most. But this was a snapshot of five consecutive homeruns during the middle of the season:

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/140360-Chris-Davis-Home-Run-Watch-2014/page7?highlight=davis+watch

Here are Davis' last 5 home runs.

1) A two run shot that breaks up a 1-1 tie, Orioles hold on to a 3-2 win.

2) Grand slam in a 7-5 win.

3) Three run home run off the bench in extras to win it

4) Two run blast in the 11th to break a 2-2 tie. Orioles go on to win 8-2

5) Two run home run to overcome a 1-0 deficit. Orioles win 3-1.

Stark is going the addict route.

Chris is just a victim.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11513292/chris-davis-problem-baltimore-orioles-problem

Of course he also makes the statement that Chris used in 2013, I don't think he has evidence to support that.

I don't know if anyone said this but in one of Roch's tweets he says he has ADD. I am to dumb to paste a tweet. That makes me feel better. Why he didn't get the exemption I will never know.

Archived