Vs Yankees 9/22

Greg

Has more to do with their impossible to hit starters than anything else, although clearly after tonight they will have won 5 of 6 and are making one hell of a last push to send Jeter to the playoffs. Also love how Toronto was basically useless in New York and now they are pounding Seattle. Uh-huh.

We've done a pretty good job against them this season so I'm not worried. But you never know, I guess we'll just have to see how things turn out.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miguel doesn't have the stuff Gausman has, you are really trying to compare the two? You can mainly use your fastball one time through the lineup like most relievers do. Who has a better chance to come in and dominate for 2-3 innings? He doesn't have to worry about using all his pitches as much.

Like I said Kershaw has filthy stuff, why not use him in the pen?

Starters have more of an impact then relief pitchers do, that is why they pitch more innings.

You start your best guys then you are never sitting there down 5-1 with your best arm in the pen.

Sigh, it may be a meaningless game, but this is playoff our lineup save Walker for Pearce, and the Orioles will be very lucky if they can push a man to second base today.

We're almost definitely facing DET. Their starters look better on paper than they are in real life. I'll give them edge in SP anyway and offense. Our bullpen and defense are much better. Honestly I think it's 50/50.

We've done a pretty good job against them this season so I'm not worried. But you never know' date=' I guess we'll just have to see how things turn out.[/quote']

I think we have done a pretty good job against their bullpen, but their starters (save for a minor league call up) have made us (and the rest of the majors) look bad recently.

Like I said Kershaw has filthy stuff, why not use him in the pen?

Starters have more of an impact then relief pitchers do, that is why they pitch more innings.

You start your best guys then you are never sitting there down 5-1 with your best arm in the pen.

Oh please you know what I mean. Gausman vs a veteran lineup also might have the best chance to implode. Going through the order a second time could be a challenge. I was comparing Gausman vs Gonzalez in a relief scenario.

I think we have done a pretty good job against their bullpen, but their starters (save for a minor league call up) have made us (and the rest of the majors) look bad recently.

True, but that was early in the season when our offense was struggling. We are a much better offensive club now.

Oh please you know what I mean. Gausman vs a veteran lineup also might have the best chance to implode. Going through the order a second time could be a challenge. I was comparing Gausman vs Gonzalez in a relief scenario.

Has Gausman shown more of a tendency to implode?

I haven't see it.

I see a kid that reaches back and throws in 98 with runners on.

I also see a kid with a much lower HR/9.

Good thing the for the Cards last season that their manager didn't believe in this Veteran presence crap or he would have left Wacha off his playoff roster.

When exactly do you see the O's needing another relief pitcher?

9th- Check Britton

8th- Check O'Day

7th- Check Miller

6th- Check Hunter

Exactly who do you replace with Gausman?

Archived