Vs Yankees 9/22

Greg

True' date=' but that was early in the season when our offense was struggling. We are a much better offensive club now.[/quote']

The 4 games last week at OPACY.....we got completely shut down by McCarthy and won on a walk off in extras, we "beat up" a minor league call up, we got shut down by Greene, and then we got shut down by Kuroda and won on a walk off. Now we are getting shut down by Pineda. That was last week!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has Gausman shown more of a tendency to implode?

I haven't see it.

I see a kid that reaches back and throws in 98 with runners on.

I also see a kid with a much lower HR/9.

Good thing the for the Cards last season that their manager didn't believe in this Veteran presence crap or he would have left Wacha off his playoff roster.

When exactly do you see the O's needing another relief pitcher?

9th- Check Britton

8th- Check O'Day

7th- Check Miller

6th- Check Hunter

Exactly who do you replace with Gausman?

It isn't veteran crap. He doesn't always consistently carry his secondary stuff. The Tigers are a veteran lineup. Hell if Buck knew in advance like you do what he would take to the game why don't you let him know? Was he sharp vs Boston on Saturday?

Gausman will be a bridge guy for the starter to the late inning relievers. Even in a short series with off days you can't use the same 4 guys in the pen everyday. Buck isn't going to let any starter implode and let the game get away. Heck I could even see him in the 7th or 8th inning if needed.

Where exactly did I say he shouldn't be on the roster?

He could pitch in 4 games in the series if needed. You can't assume that O'Day, Hunter and the rest will be all we need.

It isn't veteran crap. He doesn't always consistently carry his secondary stuff. The Tigers are a veteran lineup. Hell if Buck knew in advance like you do what he would take to the game why don't you let him know? Was he sharp vs Boston on Saturday?

Gausman will be a bridge guy for the starter to the late inning relievers. Even in a short series with off days you can't use the same 4 guys in the pen everyday. Buck isn't going to let any starter implode and let the game get away. Heck I could even see him in the 7th or 8th inning if needed.

Where exactly did I say he shouldn't be on the roster?

He could pitch in 4 games in the series if needed. You can't assume that O'Day, Hunter and the rest will be all we need.

I don't think Gonzo was any better.

I don't think Gonzo was any better.

Do people think Buck is going to let Chen or whoever get hammered for 7 runs before he gets pulled? I could see Buck yanking a starter in the 5th in a 1-1 game. Not saying you are saying this at all. I think Gonzo has been pitching well as of late. I think between him and Gausman, Kevin would be a better option out of the pen.

Archived