This message board needs to take a collective step back

Sanfran327

Hey, don't get me wrong. You and everyone else have every right to think and feel how you want. I'm just shocked by the absolute carnage in the game thread. For me, I smiled and nodded, and was happy to never have to see him on the field again.

We're on to bigger and better things, while they're the ones going home for a change. I don't mind someone else getting such a good moment. Perhaps it will put us in good favor with the sports gods (which are now undeniably real).

We haven't won a single playoff game yet.

I lost a lot of confidence in Buck Showalter because of tonight. Hopefully he brings home the World Series title to give us that memory. A world series title would trump what we had to watch tonight and will have to watch for the rest of our lives.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, you just don't get it.

That's okay, we all don't have to get one another. But I will never be okay with losing a game to the Yankees. I don't give a flying expletive what the circumstances are.

Wait a minute can you go to my post and highlight the part where I said I was okay with losing to the Yankees please? Thank you.

Point being, it's fine to say "OK, Buck wanted to rest guys and this game doesn't mean anything so who cares."

But it's not accurate to say that putting Meek out there was a defensible move strictly from a tactical perspective to win tonight's game.

I was considering this too...could it really be just BP prep...getting the right pitchers in at the right time and still assuming the staff we had would do the job....

Yeah, I'm sure there's a plan to rest the BP guys and give them just enough work to be sharp for the playoffs. Roch's comment about several guys not being available tonight probably validates that.

Busting Jeter's balls wasn't a priority I guess.

Haha fair enough. I'm not judging anybody who takes this stance. I just love this game whole lot.

I do too. Part of that is hating the Yankees. The Yankees failing is like when you get a great punch in on the bully that was tormenting you all the time. Maybe a far fetched analogy? But really the Yankees have enough "great moments for the game" that would be enough for several generations of O's fans. I don't have anything against you personally but Yankee hatred runs strong in many bloods.

Simple question. Do you guys hate the Yankees more than you love baseball? This moment was great for the game.

We're different.

I am of the mindset that Buck managed this game differently than he would have another game because of the circumstances... and that is unacceptable to me.

I don't care about the circumstances. I believe it was the great Herm Edwards who said, "You play to win the game!!!! HELLO!!!! You play to win the game."

I do too. Part of that is hating the Yankees. The Yankees failing is like when you get a great punch in on the bully that was tormenting you all the time. Maybe a far fetched analogy? But really the Yankees have enough "great moments for the game" that would be enough for several generations of O's fans. I don't have anything against you personally but Yankee hatred runs strong in many bloods.

In mine too man! I hate that GD team as much as anybody. But the Yankees are a mediocre team this year that aren't going to the playoffs. That's probably why this loss didn't kill me as much as usual.

Haha fair enough. I'm not judging anybody who takes this stance. I just love this game whole lot.

You know, the truth is I don't even hate Jeter. Profoundly annoyed by his persona yes, but not hatred. However this farewell season circus may well be the most vomit-inducing thing I've seen in 50 years of following baseball.

After Bud Selig's tenure as commissioner of course...

We're different.

I am of the mindset that Buck managed this game differently than he would have another game because of the circumstances... and that is unacceptable to me.

I don't care about the circumstances. I believe it was the great Herm Edwards who said, "You play to win the game!!!! HELLO!!!! You play to win the game."

I'm not arguing with this.

Archived