This message board needs to take a collective step back

Sanfran327

In mine too man! I hate that GD team as much as anybody. But the Yankees are a mediocre team this year that aren't going to the playoffs. That's probably why this loss didn't kill me as much as usual.

I'm pretty much good. I look at this way and this is why I am too mad at the end of the day though I empathize with people who are. This is their season highlight. Our season highlight? It could end with the O's being the WS champs. Still though, screw the Yanks :). May they have a decade plus of sub 500 seasons and may their fans know true hardship.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just so funny. This place is literally burning to the ground over a game with almost zero significance at this point.

Not that it would have changed my opinion anyway, but Roch just said that basically all of our good relievers were unavailable tonight. So we lost a meaningless game because of a guy that won't make our postseason roster. And posters are saying that this has changed their opinion of Buck, who is almost entirely responsible for us being here in the first place. That's reasonable.

You know, the truth is I don't even hate Jeter. Profoundly annoyed by his persona yes, but not hatred. However this farewell season circus may well be the most vomit-inducing thing I've seen in 50 years of following baseball.

After Bud Selig's tenure as commissioner of course...

Haha if you followed me on twitter you'd know I agree with you there. The farewell tour has been disgustingly obnoxious.

This is just so funny. This place is literally burning to the ground over a game with almost zero significance at this point.

Not that it would have changed my opinion anyway, but Roch just said that basically all of our good relievers were unavailable tonight. So we lost a meaningless game because of a guy that won't make our postseason roster. And posters are saying that this has changed their opinion of Buck, who is almost entirely responsible for us being here in the first place. That's reasonable.

The way it went down doesn't bother you at all?

Man, I wish I were that mellow.

This.

Buck has had a bigger goal in mind since we clinched than just winning a few games against the Sox, Yanks, and Jays. Since we lost in dramatic fashion to Jeter and his pals, many of you seem to have forgotten that.

I lost absolutely no faith in Buck tonight. I would say I've lost faith in Meek, though, except I had none to begin with.

You know, the truth is I don't even hate Jeter. Profoundly annoyed by his persona yes, but not hatred. However this farewell season circus may well be the most vomit-inducing thing I've seen in 50 years of following baseball.

Agree. I don't hate DJ, but the media circus has been out of control. And then tonight seemed to validate everything they have been pushing. Gross.

The way it went down doesn't bother you at all?

Man, I wish I were that mellow.

As if we all didn't expect him to do it? I already accepted it was going to happen haha.

Honestly, it was the only palettable way it could have happened for me. To waste the comeback just to let some delta bravo like Tex win the game would have me boiling. But this was just so uniquely baseball. It's hard for me to be that mad about it. It wasn't a championship or a playoff game, so... meh.

Honestly, it was the only palettable way it could have happened for me. To waste the comeback just to let some delta bravo like Tex win the game would have me boiling. But this was just so uniquely baseball. It's hard for me to be that mad about it. It wasn't a championship or a playoff game, so... meh.

Exactly. Thank you.

Archived