This message board needs to take a collective step back

Sanfran327

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are trying to win the game you walk Jeter and put the double play in order. They didn't care and allowed the ending too many people had overpaid to see this evening.

No, you don't walk Jeter. Maybe if there was a runner on third. But Jeter has been an out machine this year. You pitch to him in this situation every time.

Simple question. Do you guys hate the Yankees more than you love baseball? This moment was great for the game.

What the Orioles have done this season and what they could have continued to demonstrate last night are also great for the game.

The point repeatedly made in this thread is that it's not a moment, but something that will be magnified into much more.

One good thing about the 2014 O's is that they seem to bounce back from bad losses well. After that Beltran walk off earlier in the year I was projecting disaster. I was wrong. Let's hope the trend continues.

If you are trying to win the game you walk Jeter and put the double play in order. They didn't care and allowed the ending too many people had overpaid to see this evening.

This pretty much sums it up. The game was meaningless, unless you were one of those Orioles fans who believed we could win their last 4 games, and the Angles would lose their last 3 games, so we could lay claim to being the best team in baseball.

No, you don't walk Jeter. Maybe if there was a runner on third. But Jeter has been an out machine this year. You pitch to him in this situation every time.

I'd walk Mario Mendoza or Mark Belanger with the winning run on second and 1 out to set up the double play and bring in our ground ball closer to get that chance.

I was pretty upset to see that the game ended in the nightmare solution of a Jeter walkoff. Hate for the Yankee fans to have anything shiny to remember this season by.

But I think the irony of all the outrage is, people are saying that Buck managed the game differently because of Jeter. But let's say Buck makes the exact same moves, Jeter hits the ball a half inch lower on the bat and grounds out to 2b instead of getting the single, then McCann drives in the run and the Yankees win anyway. We are mad, but there are not hundreds of angry posts about the subject blaming Buck for "idolizing" Jeter's final moments. So I think more it is us that are treating Buck differently because of Jeter, more than Buck treating the game differently because of Jeter.

Meh, at the end of the day, whatever. Yankee fans can delude themselves into thinking Jeter actually hit a walkoff and "won the game" which he did but off of a AAAA reliver which we never use. We were resting all of our good relievers and if we had brought any of them in, it's highly doubtful Jeter get's a hit. In fact they probably don't even have a RISP if we do that.

So drink up Yankee fans and deluded media, Jeter added a classic moment to cap his career. He got the game winning hit............. off of a minor leaguer. Celebrate if you must, but that's all you can do because were going to the playoffs, and your not!

Archived