I'm glad we got KC

isestrex

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am more than happy if KC are built up by the media as favourites for this. I think we do best when up against a challenge and even classed as an underdog, and worst when we are expected to trounce the opposition (Cubs anyone?).

I think we still our an underdog, the only people I see favoring the Orioles is ESPN unfortunately

Local radio here says they are America's team. Some map had people in the entire country wanting the Royals to win (outside Va, MD, & De)

Really? Wow. I mean, I understand sort-of, but we have a similar history in terms of post-season to the Royals, are also a small/mid market side, spend much of our time in the shadows of the Yankees/Red Sox and are in a town which has, in general, a hard-working blue-collar population and a fervent sports support (locally at least).

Not suggesting that this makes the O's any more of 'America's Team' than KC, but I would have thought they would be on equal footing in that regard.

Interesting if we are seen as the big bad club out to spoil the fun of the plucky Royals

The Royals are on a 7 game post season winning streak.

When the Royals won the World Series in October of 1985, they could have promised their fans, "This franchise will not lose another playoff game for almost 30 years."

And they would not have been lying.

Learned the hard way in '97 not to get too wrapped up in choosing dance partners... Only thing I'm "glad" about with KC is that we have home field. Other than that- I fully expect an extremely challenging series that goes 6 or 7 and tips on a play here or there...

Should we get through- there will be a heck of an NL club waiting for us (likely with championship pedigree with either STL or SF). White knuckle time from here on out fellas... ;)

Archived