Hardy Extension Announced Today

WarehouseChatter

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretty sure it was Bartlett from Tampa Bay.

Yeah that was it. Good memory. Glad we did not do that even if Nolan ended up not being an important bat. I remember preferring Hardy over Bartlett when there were talks because I liked his D better and he had better power too. The only thing Bartlett had going was his speed and I believe had one more year on his contract.

Payroll was indeed going to push $110M in 2015.....if you project increases via arbitration (including De Aza, Hunter, Norris, Pearce) and newly eligible arbitration players (like Tillman, Gonzalez, Britton, Flaherty), the money we save on Markakis, Cruz and Hardy would have been mostly eaten back up. Add in an extra $1M for O'Day's option, Jimenez's $1M increase - it's close. The key is Davis - do they offer him a contract or not. Could a deal for Hardy mean the end of Davis as an Oriole?

I was there for game 1' date=' but it was so loud, I couldn't even her his walkup song. What is it?[/quote']

Flower, by Moby. The intro is just cool.

[video=youtube;6A2V9Bu80J4]

Apparently, Bryce Harper also uses it, although I'm sure the d'bag probably ripped JJ off after hearing it at an interleague game.

Payroll was indeed going to push $110M in 2015.....if you project increases via arbitration (including De Aza, Hunter, Norris, Pearce) and newly eligible arbitration players (like Tillman, Gonzalez, Britton, Flaherty), the money we save on Markakis, Cruz and Hardy would have been mostly eaten back up. Add in an extra $1M for O'Day's option, Jimenez's $1M increase - it's close. The key is Davis - do they offer him a contract or not. Could a deal for Hardy mean the end of Davis as an Oriole?

I think this playoff run, sans Davis, has hurt his chances of being re-signed. Pearce has proven to be a good defender at 1B and for a much cheaper price.

Archived