Who is the Number six prospect?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Number six prospect?

• Tim Berry
    • Parker Bridwell
    • David Hess
    • Jomar Reyes
    • Christian Walker

Mmmmm, tough one! I'm a bit surprised not to find Brian Gonzalez among the choices, as I would have thought he was a serious candidate here. David Hess is a decent prospect, but I can't imagine him being ranked this high. I also feel Parker Bridwell made some progress this year, and was very dominant at times, but was too inconsistent to be ranked that highly.

So, that leaves Berry, Reyes and Walker, three guys at very different places on the development curve. I honestly could see Tony going with any of the three here. I'm going to take a flyer and say Tony goes with the guy with the highest upside. That clearly is Reyes, though he's a raw as raw can be.

It's amazing that he was a 50th round draft pick.

He had Tommy John surgery his senior year in high school so most teams felt like he would rehab and go to college. He Orioles took a flier on here and gave him some way over slot money so it wasn't like he was an unknown 50th rounder. Still, it's a good story.

This one was a tough one because I could build a serious case for three of the players listed for this position on the list. In fact, I've rotated these players around until going with this particular order. Either way, remember, the ranking is not as an important as the scouting reports themselves.

This one was a tough one because I could build a serious case for three of the players listed for this position on the list. In fact, I've rotated these players around until going with this particular order. Either way, remember, the ranking is not as an important as the scouting reports themselves.

Ranking is not as important as how they perform if they make it to the bigs. :):):)

Archived