Post Season Shares

weams

Sorry, I was off by a player or two.

It is a pay cut for Jones, Jimenez, Davis, Hardy, Wieters, Norris, De Aza, Chen, O'Day, Markakis, Hunter and Miller.

A nice payday for Machado who didn't even have to leave California for the games. And It was nice for Davis as well.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, if true that is ridiculous. 52 full shares and only 44 players appeared in a game and Davis doesn't get one?

Reading quotes from players and media over the past few months, I think they are REALLY steamed at Davis for failing a drug test at the time of the season when they may have needed him the most. Just my take anyway.

Reading quotes from players and media over the past few months, I think they are REALLY steamed at Davis for failing a drug test at the time of the season when they may have needed him the most. Just my take anyway.

In 2012 the Orioles issued 54 full shares and had 52 players that appeared in a game. In 2014 they issue 52 full shares with 44 players appearing in a game (with two only appearing in a single game) and don't give a full share to the player who was fifth on the team in plate appearances? I'm not buying it. I think those statements at the time were just huffing and puffing.

In 2012 the Orioles issued 54 full shares and had 52 players that appeared in a game. In 2014 they issue 52 full shares with 44 players appearing in a game (with two only appearing in a single game) and don't give a full share to the player who was fifth on the team in plate appearances? I'm not buying it. I think those statements at the time were just huffing and puffing.

Murph, if you're not buying that they are angry at him for failing the drug test and that's why they didn't give him a full share, then what do you think the reason is?

Murph, if you're not buying that they are angry at him for failing the drug test and that's why they didn't give him a full share, then what do you think the reason is?

I'm not buying that they didn't give him a full share. There haven't been any reports that they didn't give him a full share, only Britt Ghiroli's reporting of the expectation that he wouldn't get a full share.

I'm not buying that they didn't give him a full share. There haven't been any reports that they didn't give him a full share, only Britt Ghiroli's reporting of the expectation that he wouldn't get a full share.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, gotcha. Okay, that makes sense.

If anything I would think it would be that Davis himself turned down the share. Seems like something he might do*.

*I don't know the guy, but he did make ~10M last season anyway and he sounds legitimately sorry about the way things happened.

... he sounds legitimately sorry about the way things happened.

Where did you read his apology at? Was it his agent's press release or was it something he said to one of the reporters that cover the Orioles all year. I'd like to read his comments so I could parse them myself.

Had you heard that he did? I hadn't. Britt is pretty savvy when it come to those types of intrigue.

Not only did Davis, who played 127 games for the Orioles in 2014, receive a full share, but the source said doing otherwise was never even discussed when the decisions were being made.

It just didn't pass the smell test that they would give out that many more shares than there were players on the team and such a major contributor wouldn't get one.

Archived