Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

Absolutely. And if we didn't Dan Duquette would go sneaking back over to the Toronto Suite for some bubbly unnoticed!

Did you notice Dan changed his Twitter avatar to a maple leaf? I thought that was odd...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Know who you are." Buck made this statement early on in his tenure here. I think Dd has taken those words and brought definition to them with the manner in which he has constructed and maintained this team. The Orioles seek the highest value for the lowest cost possible. They are not going to be big players in free agency or big trades for that matter. It is not who we are. Just look back over the last three years. Virtually all of DD's moves have been value driven. Yes, even AJ.

Look for more of the same this winter. He will seek to replace Cruz's, Markakis',

and Miller's production with the lowest cost, highest value players. It means many of them, to coin a phrase from Moneyball, will come with"warts". So to those who think we're going to make a big splash, I suggest you begin to revel in the Delmon Young's of the world. His type will be among those DD acquires to get us to the playoffs again this year.

It's hard to believe there are still people whining about us not doing anything.

1. It's not surprising we aren't doing anything

2. We never do anything at the Winter Meetings

3. The meetings are at the beginning of the off season, not the end

4. We didn't do anything at the Winter Meetings last year

5. We won the division by 12 games last year.

6. We've won an average of 90 games the last three years without doing much of anything at the Winter Meetings.

These meetings are not the end all be all! Maybe if people weren't refreshing their Twitter feeds every 30 seconds, and just took some time to breathe, it wouldn't be so annoying that nothing is happening.

Also, are we going to have to live with the narrative that Dan doesn't want to be here and/or he's tanking things because of the Toronto 'job opening'? I certainly hope we can put that to bed for at least a few months.

Archived